OverClocking Section - Broad Scope

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it would be an alright idea. The big question is, what more does it cost to add a sub-section for overclocking. The major upside is that the members who are pretty good at overclocking will be able to go straight to answering purely overclocking related questions. Rather than sifting through normal questions that we see in the general hardware and software section. Typically, new members like to stay at places where they get quick and knowledgeable responses. Most people are fairly impatient when they have a broken computer and are trying to get it fixed or they want to overclock it. which is why you typically see the {!} flag or the angry face on threads about broken stuff. If we have a dedicated section, the questions will all be overclocking and can be quickly addressed. I'm all for the idea, but I do think that it needs some refining. Issues like: Where should it be placed?
- On its own Forums section?
- A sub-forum listed inside General Hardware and Software?
- A sub-forum listed on the main page, but within General?

Issues like this need to be discussed. Personally, I think the 3rd one does just fine.

What exactly are the downs? I fail to see any.

Well, for one thing. There's not much people that are willing to OC, and most new members would usually just post it under the "General Hardware and Software". So it would most likely be a ghost town like some of the subsections here.
Of course, your ups can be my downs, and vice versa.

OFF TOPIC

Hmm. . .

Only 17 people have voted. :rolleyes:

Wow. . .

Now 18 out of 40,000 plus have voted. What a mandate.

Most all good suggestions are taken seriously. It really depends on how much interest it generates and if David approves.

Dude your attitude has gone to the dogs of late, pull your head in, just because a suggestion may not be to your liking there is no need to be an arsehole about it.

I think being made a mod has overinflated your perception of your own worth, you vaguely remind of someone else at present.

:eek:

Uh oh. . .

I am keeping an eye on this thread but I'm just waiting for the poll to play out to see if everyone is in support or not

;)

Well, for one thing. There's not much people that are willing to OC, and most new members would usually just post it under the "General Hardware and Software". So it would most likely be a ghost town like some of the subsections here.
Of course, your ups can be my downs, and vice versa.

There are quite a few OverClocking threads created and a lot of the current members here enjoy the process (Cabbs, ATF, Worshipme to name a few). The OC Forum would probably be more frequently used the the Networking and the Programming forums (which aren't even subforums).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mines a small OC on an old chip but it's an OC and something that I will continue to do on future upgrades.

It'd be nice to go to an OC section and talk about, discuss, challenge, query and compete against others here that OC their machines.

I think given that there are rarely more than 50 active members at one time on this forum that the majority appears to carry the day

David, it's not really a big deal to instigate a 3 - 6 month trial imo, how do you feel about it?

Uh oh. . .

;)

obvious troll is obvious

FFS, just let it go mate, you're only making yourself look worse by trolling tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom