Random Chit Chat

I just ordered this but I can still cancel the order. Is it any good?

I just go to Harbor Freight tools, while they are on sale, and it's $4/ pack of 4.
They actually work better than any of the expensive ones I've ever had, but they are a PITA to recharge on a ni-cd charger, it takes like 24 hours.

I use a Maha C9000 charger. It charges them from empty in about an hour and a half at 1 1/2 amps. Eneloops are 2000 Mah batteries. Eneloop run about $2 to $3 each, cheap considering their performance.

[edit]The link doesn't work.

Razr's xD. Basically the most moddable phone that's not on the market. The v3xx has card options, so you could easily put a 4Gb/8Gb/16Gb SDHC card in it and use it as a media player. And it has a basic phone interface. The problem is, noone sells it new anymore except online retailers, and if you have a service like Verizon who doesn't use SIM cards, you'll have a hard time getting your service swapped to it.

My V3r is still running strong for ~5 years now. The only issue it has is a cracked screen and that's because I let my brother use it for...1 day. He has some sort of an anger issue and throws things when he gets mad. My assumption is him throwing my phone.

Still, you said it was the "worst piece of crap" you've ever owned. The interface is still largely the same, so you're better off buying something else.

It wasn't the interface of it in any way. It was most everything else though.

I dont want to list all the problems I had, but here are a few.

Video was horribly flickery
Wasn't compatile with many wireless routers
all the motion control (whatever you call it) didn't work well, if at all
and the touch screen couldn't stay calibrated.

Plus i had it before there were really any apps for them, so the touch screen was mostly just a gimmick back then IMO.

I'm considering buying an iphone with a broken screen.
I cant afford a new one right now :( so I'm gonna change it myself and save $80.

Good luck! I know someone that changed the screen on an Ipod touch. Unless you are a brain surgeon, unless the phone is free, you should consider not buying it.

Razr's xD. Basically the most moddable phone that's not on the market. The v3xx has card options, so you could easily put a 4Gb/8Gb/16Gb SDHC card in it and use it as a media player. And it has a basic phone interface. The problem is, noone sells it new anymore except online retailers, and if you have a service like Verizon who doesn't use SIM cards, you'll have a hard time getting your service swapped to it.

Meh, I had the L7 slvr. Much more moddable.
I have seen all kinds of crazy stuff done to them.

^ For what it's worth, I'm still using the first generation iPhone. For almost a year, I've continued to stick with version 1.0 and I've never encountered any of the problems you listed.

Funny, huh?

Good luck! I know someone that changed the screen on an Ipod touch. Unless you are a brain surgeon, unless the phone is free, you should reconsider buying it.

I already bought it.

I have changed the HDD and optical drive on an iBook G4, so I know what to expect from apple.

Plus I have changed the battery and HDD on my iPod, but that was nothing really.

^ For what it's worth, I'm still using the first generation iPhone. For almost a year, I stuck with version 1.0 and I've never encountered any of the problems you listed. Funny, huh?

The iphone is more powerful than the touch, and I think I got a bad one (i hope atleast)
Its the first gen iphone.
I dont know the capacity of it either. The auction didn't say.

Meh, I had the L7 slvr. Much more moddable.
I have seen all kinds of crazy stuff done to them.

Probably the most popular mods for moto phones are apps. Many different apps you can put on there than can change the entire usage of your phone. Opera Mini for instance. Great phones for the price. They don't have a touch screen, but the way I see it, it's one less thing to get broken when I am at work.

Sure thing. LOL. :rolleyes:

LOL I think so because after about a week, the video player quit, then all the audio.
So I'm hoping it was bad from the start, or else apple had something seriously wrong with their design.

I just checked, and my brother's is the first generation, but the 32gb version.
I just helped him put OS 3 on it though.

Probably the most popular mods for moto phones are apps. Many different apps you can put on there than can change the entire usage of your phone. Opera Mini for instance. Great phones for the price. They don't have a touch screen, but the way I see it, it's one less thing to get broken when I am at work.

Haha yeah.
However, i have seen people totally change the OS on it.
Not sure what they put, but it was just something with a CLI.

Back
Top Bottom