Just got a call from Mcafee

vampist

Fully Optimized
So I just looked into mcafee secure features for websites right?

I just got the phone call for the prices.. ~900 USD for a new website. ~1200 for a established website.

Can you believe that?!

Dude was a total sales men.. "if you click here you can see the features, here you can see the top ranked sites that use us, blah blah blah"

LOL I fail so bad, I thought you had meant the coffee at McDonalds.

That seems pretty expensive if you ask me.

I can't even begin to think how you got that lol. But yeah the SECOND part is what I was thinking.

EDIT: Did I mention that price as annually?!

Their coffee is called Mcafe now, so i thought u had typoed the second e.

LOL I should start a foothead FAIL log, its still nothing compared to dude_56013's 'It's what for dinner'

$900 annually, yeah, I smell ripoff here...

I personally don't like McAfee. Whenever I play a game, at randome times, it will minimize and take me back to the Desktop and go DING-DING!
It just gets kind of annoying :p

I'm more of a Weraboot Spysweeper fan...

You cant put a price on your customers security...

or something.

(I can)!

this McAffee thing is just BS, probably just a way of making sure that your webserver raises a flag ssayin it's been scanned and thus shouldn't end up getting flagged as a spam site by google, or mcaffee or anyone like that.

also am I reading the price right? are we talking per site?
(1 site might = many servers) or are we talking per server (1 server may = many sites).

either way $1200 for a single server is just insane...

anyway... on the subject of Mcaffee their sales guys are stupid. the company I work for used to offer mail scanning/mail hosting etc as a part of their services,
one day I take a call from a mcaffee sales gimp
it too then a full ten minutes of asking questions and me saying, we do that, we sell that service ourselves, until I got bored of them just not getting it. and wound up saying.
"look we're not interested, I've been trying to explain that we're not interested, I've told you that we do these things ourselves, we are your competition, we offer the same services as you do, we won't be buying you services"

$900 annually for a secure website for a business is nothing man, personal yes, but you won't have people trying to hack your website for financial data of customers if it's a personal site.

$900 is pocket change to a business.

Back
Top Bottom