Remote Login query.

Hmm. I wasn't sure. I guess I just got lucky and that is what was inside my Lenovo laptop.

Do a google search for tweak ui. It can auto logon for you so it will boot up already logged in.. Are you using the microsoft RDC client (mstsc)?

personaly, i use logmein.com

It is a website where you sign up and download their free software to put on the host computer. Then after it is installed, you can access this computer from any computer in the world that is connected through the internet. all you have to do is go to logmein.com after you sign up and click your name. just be sure that your computer is on when you do this.

Do a google search for tweak ui. It can auto logon for you so it will boot up already logged in.. Are you using the microsoft RDC client (mstsc)?
Tweakui is great, but completely overkill for just doing this.

Start => Run => control userpasswords2 => uncheck "user must enter username and password to access this machine." Does that not sort it out? :)

Logmein is also completely and utterly overkill, it's ok if you want a nice place to manage all your PCs and you'll be accessing them from over the net regularly, but for quick access over the network, XP's built in stuff should be fine. It'll be quicker and far less bloated. Those sorts of remote access things on the net do have their place - but this doesn't sound like one of them.

Well I suppose that would work lol. Since when is overkill not wanted? Overkill is the spice of life! :)

I just have always used tweak ui. So its convenient because it seems to be universal on all of my machines.

Since when is overkill not wanted?
Overkill is very rarely wanted when it comes down to computers... personally I like my software to be small, fast and efficient rather than fat, slow and bloated. Microsoft may think otherwise, but no-one is going to convince me it's the best way...!

Then why not tweak ui? Change the menu speeds to make it peppy, remove unwanted items from the right-click sub menus, and streamline windows a little. I know that too much is a bad thing, but in the case of my favorite little app, it takes hardly anything to run and the benefits are far worth while.

Its not just microsoft. Ever run Norton internet security on one of your machines? lol Thats just a big fat, ram consuming joke :)

Microsoft is just one example, there's many others including the one you mentioned!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting tweakui down at all, it's a great little piece of software and it's hardly going to consume many resources. My point was just if ALL you're going to do with it is create an automatic login, then why bother? If you want it to play around with other various bits and pieces, go right ahead, it's easily the best piece of software out there for customising all sorts of bits and pieces :)

Back
Top Bottom