CD-ROM making alot of noise?!?!

theshadowxx

In Runtime
Hi I was just bought a new mouse, and I know most mouses are plug and play but this mouse had a CD cause it has a "Magnifier" feature it's the Microsoft Mouse Comfort Optical 3000. I installed the CD on my Dell Vostro 1400, and all of a sudden I heard this LOUD buzzing sound while the CD was inside the CD-ROM drive, I just left it in there and installed everything normally. im just wondering why would it be making such a loud buzzing noise, Ive put in many CD's in my CD-Rom drive before and nothing of the sort happened before. how come now?

Could have been out of alignment. Or the drive could be going south. Possible that the bearings are losing their lubricant. Many possible things. How old is the drive?

Is it happening with just one disk? Chances are the disk isn't perfectly flat and it's therefore vibrating a lot more as it spins. It should be ok, but just to be on the safe side I wouldn't use the disk more than you have to.

EDIT: If it's happening with more than one disk then I'd second the above suggestions.

You should be fine. Try a few other disks to ensure that it isn't actually the drive itself and it was just the CD.

k thanks, I just wanted to make sure that the noise it was making was somehow ruining the CD or the Drive.

Back
Top Bottom