wireless connection programs help

theshadowxx

In Runtime
Hi I have a lenovo x200 laptop and I just got it, it has all these lenovo programs installed and to connect to my wireless network normally I just use the windows wireless network thing, but now I have to use this program called "thinkvantage" how can i set it up so that all I have to use is the standard windows wireless network configuration?

Somewhere in the IBM/Lenovo wireless utility you can tick Use Windows Wireless Utility. Then you should be able to configure using Window Wireless Utility to your liking.

really? but I thought its better just to use the windows wireless utility? isint it better to use windows wireless utility so that thinkvantage doesn't conflict with it?

Don't think there really is any advantage/disadvantage of one over the other. Your familiarity with Windows Wireless Utility might be the +1 in favor of using it over ThinkVantage. For me ... in the IT world, I try to keep all wireless pc's using Windows Utility because it cuts down on troubleshooting issues with connectivity. I've got IBM's, Dell's, HP's, Toshiba's ... you name them ... on my company network. I don't want to deal with each manufacturer's propreitary software when troubleshooting ... so I stick with Windows Utilities when I can.

yea thats what I want to do, I like the standard windows wireless utility I know how everything works in it already :)

Back
Top Bottom