Need help formatting 250 GB hdd to FAT32

shehru

Solid State Member
the topic subject is very clear
please help me out
and i cant compromise on space, even if i have to make a million partitions.
the problem is i searched a lot, found solutions, but none of them were really clear to me as they used technical terms that i couldn't understand.:mad:
so im trying to find an easy to understand guide.
Cheers

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > (left tab) Disk Management > *Select your drive* > right click > Format... > follow the instructions and format with FAT32(quick) function.

:D.

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > (left tab) Disk Management > *Select your drive* > right click > Format... > follow the instructions and format with FAT32(quick) function.

:D.

Thank you :)
but will i lose any storage space? i want to keep it to 250 GB. sorry if its a stupid question.

Unfortunately, if the drive is rated (or marketed) to be 250Gb, it's most likely only about 225-230. The larger the drive gets, the more the manufacturers fudge the numbers. My 500Gb is actually only a 465.75Gb drive. NTFS and FAT32 will allow you to get as much out of your drive as it actually has to offer.

Do note, that if you currently have anything on the harddrive, formatting it in FAT32 will erase the data. So remember to back up what you intend to keep.

its alright a couple of gbs dont matter as long as its fat32 :D
but wont i need a 3rd party program for this?
again im sorry if my question was stupid.
am not a very tech person

eh in my opinion use seagate discwizard. it works a hell of a lot quicker then going through disk management

took me almost 2 hours to do a 500GB hard drive with disk management.
On diskwizard no lie probably a minute tops. It basically does a quick format.

were as disk management does full out format. if you have a new hard drive you dont need to have full format, because all a full format does is check for bad sectors. but if its new it wont have bad sectors.

Back
Top Bottom