Have A Question..??

bugspray11

Beta member
I've heard from many people that when ever you use the intenet or send a email vise versa all that info is saved some where in your computer where in the right hands could really mess me up i use my computer for a lot of buisness and i want to know is there any software that will erase all this info and i am no talking about cookies and history i want to get rid of all private info on the computer do i need software or can it be done manually..??

Thanks John

There are some software producers that put out a bunch of paranoid propaganda about data forever being on your computer until you use their software to clear it out. Don't believe it.

If you create a file, then delete it, the information is still on your hard drive. It's just that the sectors where the file is are marked as empty. The file could be recovered. All you need to do is "Shred" the files you want gone for good. When I say shredding a file, I mean use a deletion program that overwrites every space where the file was on the hard disk so that it can't be retrieved later. I like to use PGP, which is free for non-business, but there are others. Do a search for file shredding.

[edit]Most of these programs will also shred free space on the drive, where your temporary file could be recovered.[end edit]

Back
Top Bottom