CMOS Check Sum Bad

Unfortunately, this is one of those things where I'd have to see your BIOS first person. However, I'll do my best to help you remotely. Go into your bios to your overclocking page and set your DRAM:FSB frequency ratio to 1:1 ( This is assuming you want your RAM to operate at 1066. ). Go into your CPU settings and make sure your CPU multiplier is at 10.5 or the likes. (1066/4)x10.5 =~ 2,800Mhz. Then set your timing like this:
  • CAS (tcl) Timing - 7
  • tRCD Timing - 7
  • tRP Timing - 7
  • tRAS Timing - 20

You set the DRAM:FSB ratio to 1:1 through your overclocking page. I'll see if I can find a picture and edit it into this post.

750i FSB and Memory Clocks Page

This is an Evga Version, but should look exactly the same as a XFX version. See where it says "FSB - Memory Clock Mode" and put it to linked. Then go down one to "FSB Ratio" and set it at 1:1. This will make your DRAM bus and FSB bus both at 1066MHz. Make sure your Actual FSB (RFSB/QDR) is 1066 or 1067. (because 1066.6-repeating rounds to 1067 in POST.) Then proceed to "Memory Timings" and set those up.

alright doing all that it is now running fine at 1066 but in cpuz it shows the timing at 8-8-8-32? is that fine or should i try changein it to 7-7-7-20. Cpuz shows 533 MHZ which double is 1066 so thats right.

8-8-8-32 is way below what Corsair says that RAM should run at stock. Manually set it to 7-7-7-20 to get good results. If it doesn't POST, let us know so that we can work out what timings setting will work at 1066MHz.

alright so this is what cpuz shows after i do that
DRAM Frequncy 533.33 MHz
FSB:DRAM- 1:2 (i looked in all the pages in the bios and couldnt find how to change it)
CAS:6 (i left that on auto cause 6 was the highest it went)
tRCD-7
tRP-7
tRAS-20
tRC-32
CR- 2T

oh. Seems like your BIOS reads the frequency to the actual RAM speed, not its double data rate. So 1:2 is appropriate.
It all looks good. You should be set.

yes thank you guys alot all of you have been a huge help this is the first time i have been on my own comp in 3 weeks its so nice.

Back
Top Bottom