CMOS Check Sum Bad

tkey912

Baseband Member
So i got the system up and running finally but its still not working right. My specs are on my signature. When i load up the computer it loads everything and tells me the masters and slave and how much ram and everything i have on my comp but then i stops at Cmos Check Sum Bad. And i asks me to load the bios so i do and its only reading my cpu at 1.59 GHZ when it should be running at 2.8 GHZ. The mobo LED is giving me code 87 and i have no idea what that means but back when it was working thats not what the code on it was. Anyone have an idea as to whats going on?

CheckSum means *something* isn't adding up right. You need to make sure your system FSB is 1066. Who is your mobo made by? Evga or XFX?

XFX. I called them earllier today and talked to them cause i was haveing problems with the system just not booting up at all and the LED code was saying that it was the memory so i did the 1 stick in each slot until it did something and it worked... In the same exact slots that i had them before. I just wasnt able to call them again cause there tech support is only open till 5pm.

CheckSum is in the BIOS. The system will boot. But something in your bios isn't right. Default your BIOS.

Alright so i checked the FSB and it was saying it was at 1067 so i went into the Overclocking function and looked and in there it said it was at 1066 but just for giggles i lowered it down to 1065 and saved and restarted and it works??? It works... But in the BIOS it says its sittin at 1065 FSB. Also it says that the memory is only reading at 800 Mhz but i have corsair 1066 MHz.

In many cases, the memory parameters needs to be manually set in the BIOS for it to run at it's rated speed.

cpuz says the timing is off its supposed to be 7-7-7-20 and its at 6-6-6-18 but it also says that its sitting at 400mhz

If the Memory page says 400MHz that means it's running at 800 double data rate which is still slow for your computer. As AR said the RAM probably needs to be set to 1066MHz manually then re-timed. Try just setting your bios to default. If that doesn't work then put in the timings manually for your RAM.

Should be PC2-8500 RAM. I believe the 750i's are supposed to run at 800MHz stock for the memory bus but can be "overclocked" to 1066. If your RAM is rated for 1066 but your board is rated for 800, going to 1066 will be considered "overclocking" and you have to do it yourself. Just set your DRAM:FSB ratio to 1:1.

when setting the timing manually do i change all of the setting to 7 and then the 1 that lets me to 20? And your saying that i should change the Memory Frecuency to 1066 in the bios?

and also i changed the FSB back to 1066 and it still shows 1067 but it is not reading the cpu correctly at 2.8 GHZ and there is no more check sum message.

How do i change the ratio on it to 1:1

Back
Top Bottom