Random Chit Chat

I for one am getting a tad sick of your attack on the mods

I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I'm getting a tad sick of some of the mods' over-exertion of their power. It started with Thelis' avatar, and it seems it has gone down hill since for others, too. A mods job isn't really to express their personal feelings by deleting threads (like the one I had made) just because they don't want an idea to go through...THAT is why I compared it to a dictatorship. A mods job is to keep the peace when necessary. Well, there was no "war" in my thread that needed peace, unless someone gouged my eyes out today and I'm blind as a bat.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I'm getting a tad sick of some of the mods' over-exertion of their power. It started with Thelis' avatar,

Please explain the mods role in the Thelis avatar episode. To do that you might need to take your head out of your butt and have a proper look around. That issue was brought up by David and handled by David. Please show me where the mods used their power against Thelis.I think you will find there were more members against the av than mods.....why aren't you abusing them? The overclocking idea can be handled by no-one other than David. You seem hellbent on blaming the mods because you aren't getting your own way instead of communicating with the one and only person who can do anything about it. Perhaps you don't have the nuts to hurl the abuse at David in the same childish fashion you seem to enjoy with the mods. Believe it or not these ideas were brought up long before you joined. I am actually all for the idea of the overclocking forum but David pays the bills therefore he makes the decisions...not me not you not any mod. If any mod is against it then that is their personal opinion and they are entitled to it without being abused by you.

And as for your thread that was deleted it was myself who deleted it. One of my pet hates is to see threads in one forum telling people to go to other threads and post in them. Thats what the new posts button is for. Imagine if everyone who started one thread then went and started another thread just to tell everyone to go to their thread. Don't think you're special as I delete any thread like that in which I see. Always have done..always will. Keeps the forum tidier and you will understand that as you are a big advocate in keeping the forum tidy eg: member pruning. In future if you need to do something like that...i recommend you use the random chit chat thread.

Please explain the mods role in the Thelis avatar episode. To do that you might need to take your head out of your butt and have a proper look around. That issue was brought up by David and handled by David. Please show me where the mods used their power against Thelis.I think you will find there were more members against the av than mods.....why aren't you abusing them?

Calm down there pal. I wasn't saying it like that. I was saying that the abuse of power seemed to ramp up ever since Thelis abused his...I'm not saying that mods used their power against Thelis...I'm not even putting the two in the same sentence really; I'm saying Thelis was a pretty good example of the abuse of power by mods, and I have seen more since.

The overclocking idea can be handled by no-one other than David. You seem hellbent on blaming the mods because you aren't getting your own way instead of communicating with the one and only person who can do anything about it. Perhaps you don't have the nuts to hurl the abuse at David in the same childish fashion you seem to enjoy with the mods.

Well, let's see, we had started these polls to get David's attention. It was going just fine and civilized until people were wondering about how many people would see the damn thing. So I created my thread in the SL to promote the threads AS A WHOLE (not biased in anyway) so that members WHO NEVER FREAKIN' LOOK AT THE CF SUGGESTIONS thread would see the poll. Then, that got locked...then reopened...then deleted and that's when I went off on the mods' abuse of power.

Believe it or not these ideas were brought up long before you joined. I am actually all for the idea of the overclocking forum but David pays the bills therefore he makes the decisions...not me not you not any mod.

Like I said, this was why we created the poll...which was just peachy until you know what all happened.

If any mod is against it then that is their personal opinion and they are entitled to it without being abused by you.

Yes, well I don't feel they are entitled to making their personal opinion the norm, which seems to happen more often than not.

And as for your thread that was deleted it was myself who deleted it. One of my pet hates is to see threads in one forum telling people to go to other threads and post in them. Thats what the new posts button is for. Imagine if everyone who started one thread then went and started another thread just to tell everyone to go to their thread. Don't think you're special as I delete any thread like that in which I see. Always have done..always will. Keeps the forum tidier and you will understand that as you are a big advocate in keeping the forum tidy eg: member pruning. In future if you need to do something like that...i recommend you use the random chit chat thread.

So, on one hand, I have mod(s) saying that the poll doesn't have enough votes from members in it to matter, and so I try and promote it to get the attention of members and we all know what happened then.

Such a disconnect.

Yes, well I don't feel they are entitled to making their personal opinion the norm, which seems to happen more often than not.

Their opinion is just as good as any member on this forum. :confused:

If it's worth anything, I have plenty of disagreements with the staff.

Their opinion is just as good as any member on this forum. :confused:

I agree..it is. But it's felt, to me anyways as of late, that *some* of them feel as if their opinions matter over any other members simply because they are a mod. That's more or less what I was getting at.

I agree..it is. But it's felt, to me anyways as of late, that *some* of them feel as if their opinions matter over any other members simply because they are a mod. That's more or less what I was getting at.

Then go ahead and single them out. I'm pretty sure the staff is sick of having their name dragged in mud just because of a few select individuals.

... I'm saying Thelis was a pretty good example of the abuse of power by mods, ...

What the hell is with all the trash-talk lately? He didn't "abuse" any power. modCP by vB allows unlimited avatars.

Even if it was "abuse" in yours or anyone else's book. Why do we have to re-hash it EVERY DAMN DAY? We all do dumb stuff and who are you to judge on it. I'm not perfect, you're not perfect, he's not perfect, etc.. but that's no reason to basically say "what a screw-up Thelis is/was". It's even more ridiculous that he was driven away from the forums over an avatar and "4chan shit". Practically half of our active members jumped in and read him the riot act over the avatar and then acted like dicks to him afterwords.

Sorry for the repeated language but this place has gotten such a bad aura lately. I like the people and the community but we've just got to lighten up around here. Respect your peers no matter how old you are/they are.

[/rant]

Back
Top Bottom