Windows Vista

Austinn1

Daemon Poster
I have windows vista home premium 64 bit. I cannot find my install CD. I have the license key. I cant get a hold of someone worth white at microsoft.

Is there any way i can get a new cd? Does someone have it and they can make me a .iso of it?

I got in trouble for downloading from torrrentz, even though in that case is was really illegally,. But i dont want to take the chance.

Is it legal to do that?

How about you call Microsoft up? They're pretty reasonable when you're a valid customer.

I got in trouble for downloading from torrrentz, even though in that case is was really illegally,. But i dont want to take the chance.

Is it legal to do that?

Yeah, just be sure its the same sku. Better yet find a friends with the same sku and use his disc.

How about you call Microsoft up? They're pretty reasonable when you're a valid customer.
+1 for that. Easily the best answer.

Yeah, just be sure its the same sku. Better yet find a friends with the same sku and use his disc.
Are you definitely sure? I'm not sure it is legal - ethical yes, but legal I'm not sure at all, in fact I'd assume it was illegal. I'm not even sure it'd work, in the past I borrowed a (legit) XP disk because I couldn't find mine but had the serial number, but the other disk just wouldn't accept it. Might not be the same for Vista but I wouldn't have thought that's the best way to go here...

I think you can install any version of Vista from any Vista install disk... I just installed Vista Home Premium on my friends computer using her Key with my Ultimate disk.

It's legal to download an image of the un-cracked disk. It's only illegal to download a cracked one.

Austinn: Just out of curiosity, what did you download that got you in trouble? And what did they do to you? I have some friends who illegally download stuff, and I might want to warn them. lol

Back
Top Bottom