mozilla firefox question

fjames27

Beta member
I downloaded mozilla firefox and loved the way it worked!
There were all kinds of different ways to customize every aspect of your browser! I loved it. IE doesent seem so great. There isint much you can do to customize your web browser. and what I mean by customizing meaning everything located at the top of the screen you can change around, put each item in exactly the place you want it.
Then I noticed after awhile using firefox slowed down my computer so I deleted it and everything with it.
Do you think maybe the reason it was running slow was because I was adding on a bunch of buttons and apps. and toolbars, all kinds of add ons.
Could that be it?

And can someone please explain to me about mozilla firefox? Are there two sepreat browsers? mozilla, and firefox?
Would you suggest I use firefox? Do you know of it to be more suspectable to maleware and slowing down your computer?

I recently got this computer in May. and ever since getting it all i want to do is learn and learn and learn some more about computers! Call me a geek, I would take it as a compliment! But I thought I knew a good amount of computers befor? In 'computer wizz terms' I knew how to turn it on ya know what I mean?

Anyway, my computer is a Dell Studio One 1909, 600gb Hard Drive, 4gb RAM. It's the all-in-one touch screen and I love it! Altho call me stupid or smart and I think it's smart, but I disabled the touchscreen. I dont like the idea of always touching the screen and sliding your finger across the monitor. Just worries me.lol. I spent almost $1,500 on this thing and I am more than happy with it! It is perfect for what I do. I like to download music and creat music projects, photography, and mainly research/learning, meeting peple and keeping in cantact with everypne I know.
I have heard people say that the all-in-one computers suck and are a waste of money...Well everyone has their own opinion. Just like how people say vista sucks....go back to xp or this new windows 7 i guess. But to me, from my experience, and in my opinion, WINDOWS VISTA AND ALL-IN-ONE PC'S ARE KICKA$$

Do you think maybe the reason it was running slow was because I was adding on a bunch of buttons and apps. and toolbars, all kinds of add ons.
Could that be it?
In a word - yes!

And can someone please explain to me about mozilla firefox? Are there two sepreat browsers? mozilla, and firefox?
Would you suggest I use firefox? Do you know of it to be more suspectable to maleware and slowing down your computer?
Mozilla is the group that produce firefox, just as they produce thunderbird (and probably a few other things I can't remember currently!)

In a word - yes!

Mozilla is the group that produce firefox, just as they produce thunderbird (and probably a few other things I can't remember currently!)

Firefox, Thunderbird, Lightning, Sunbird, Bugzilla. And those are just Mozilla-made. There are absolutely tons of Mozilla-based projects out there! :D

dont forget wyzo, i use that instead of firefox

I looked at that a while back and was quite intrigued. Could you list some of the differences between it and Firefox? I'd love to try it but they don't support my operating system of choice just yet >.<

Ehhh i haven't used any other browsers in like 2 years so i don't remember them really, but its nice for download and torrents. It seems to run faster than firefox on all comps i have put it on.

It looks just like firefox in ways since its based off of it, but i threw a new skin on and made it simple looking. Since i always DL stuff this browser makes it run great. I don't know the spec difference between the two though =[.

Maybe ill run both for a week and see what the difference is and report back.

Thanks for the advice.

I am probably going to get the latest version of firefox. But I still have a few questions so i'll try them in here befor cluttering up the boards

I have a dell studio one 1909 with 600gb hard drive, 4gb RAM, intel core 2 duo with vista home premium 64-bit. I am not sure if I installed the service pack 2 or if i did a system restore and that uninstalled it? Or if I ever even installed it?
1: How do I check and see if i have the vista service pack 2 installed?

2:How do I know if I am using IE 8 or 7..? And if it's the 64-bit or 32-bit

3 How to completly delete a program I installed?? IO go into control panal go to where change, edit, and uninstall programs. There are a few programs I installed off the web but could only uninstall them....HOW DO I DELET THEM AND NOW LOCATE THEM?!?!?!

1. Click Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > System. Under the Windows Version heading it will show what OS and service versions you have.

2. In IE click the double arrows next to Tools, then click Help > About Internet Explorer. If you are using 64-bit, it will say so. Otherwise, it's 32-bit.

3. If they have been uninstalled, then they should be "deleted". If you are having a problem locating them to uninstall them, try CCleaner. It has some nifty little tools to help rid you of unwanted proggies.

Back
Top Bottom