boot problems

Zoli

Beta member
I have problems booting my system. My hdd is recognized by the BIOS but it doesn't boot. The hdd boots and works well in other computers, so it is something wrong with the system and not the hdd. I tried other working hdd on my "faulty system" but without any success. The motherboard is Gigabyte GA-7VA. I did re-format the hdd and I installed windows xp on it. The installation was completed successfully but after the first restarting the hdd was not booting any more. I could only boot the windows with Paragon Manager 9. I tried to correct the boot sectors but without any success. After this I tried a low disk format (write zeros to disk) with the software corresponding to my hdd downloaded from western digital website but this software said that there is no WD drive in the system...
Could you offer some support to solve my problem?
Thank you!
Zoli

Are the settings in the BIOS set to boot from the hard disk? They probably are but it's always worth checking these things :)

Are the settings in the BIOS set to boot from the hard disk? They probably are but it's always worth checking these things :)

+1, lol one time I was in a computer class in high school and we had a broken computer we were trying to fix. It wouldn't respond to any keystrokes, so we couldn't enter the BIOS to fix the problem. After about 30 minutes of frustration, we realized that the PS2 connector for the keyboard wasnt plugged in all the way :p

Back
Top Bottom