WINLOAD.EXE corrupt or missing

UnitedAs1

Beta member
Ok so yeah I have installed 3 clean copies of vista64 on to 3 seperate hard drives and they all come up the same with a blue screen error at first "memory dump" and then later i get WINLOAD.EXE corrupt or missing I then go on to put the repair disk in and it will work fine for a few hours but then it goes back to WINLOAD.EXE corrupt or missing, I have checked and its there,

and now my computer just seems to get stuck in POST or when windows is loading.

Is this a hardware problem or software? is it best to just install windows7 over vista?

If you need anymore info let me know i will see what i can do,

Please help

Thanks In advance

check the disc for scratches, it could be skipping over a part you need. And yes W7 will be better once you can get your hands on it

It wouldn't be getting stuck posting because of a dodgy install, and I would've thought if the windows disk couldn't copy a file it'd at least complain loudly enough for you to notice!

Try downloading knoppix and booting that up to see what happens - if it locks up randomly / won't start then I'd figure a hardware issue is more likely, and in that case no windows 7 almost definitely won't be any better!

Back
Top Bottom