"Limited" Account Permissions

Dannyboy11

Solid State Member
Is there any easy way to change the permissions for all "Limited" accounts, and future so accounts set as "Limited" will adopt these permissions?

I can change individual account permissions, but I would just like to see if I can do it this way :)

It's just a home PC, nothing on a large scale or anything.

And, last time I used Group Policy Editor I had to system restore because I locked my own account out :D

Log out.

Then log in as an administrator.

If it's 'your' computer then you should be able to do that.

EDIT: After your edit.

Start > Control Panel > User Accounts >

Then click on the users and change their account types.

I am an administrator. I'm logged in as an administrator. I'm posting this as an administrator but I have no idea how I change the permissions for limited accounts.

There isn't any sort of big button on the desktop saying "Click here to change limited account's default permissions"

Click on the account, then a menu should appear with an option that says something like 'set permissions for this account' or 'change the account type'
Soory I cant tell you any more, I am on my netbook right now.

I can change the account type, but it's already limited anyway. There are no options to set permissions for this account.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to do it singularly, I'd want to change the permissions for the whole group that is "Limited".

Log out.

Then log in as an administrator.

If it's 'your' computer then you should be able to do that.

EDIT: After your edit.

Start > Control Panel > User Accounts >

Then click on the users and change their account types.

But that's not what I'm asking? Of course I can change account types, but the "Limited" access group can use the task manager. I want to make changes to their PERMISSIONS so they can not do stuff, such as downloading files or use the task manager. I can do these by individually altering the users hive in the registry, but I want to do it on a mass scale for the whole Limited group, and not have to change each account individually.

Is it possible?

Possible? Anyone?

Download Revo Uninstaller.

Run it, Click on 'Tools' icon at the top of the window, then click on 'Windows Tools' in the Optimization box on the left.

Then click on 'Group Policy' in the main window.

Click on 'Administrative Templates' in the window on the left. And there you can change rights and access options to other users.

Last time I used group policy, I started making changes but it then made the changes for the whole computer, thus also locking my own account out.

How can I ensure it is just for the limited usergroup (not "other users" - this implies I have to do it each time for each user)

Back
Top Bottom