Potential Firewall Problem?

TitanMATRIX

In Runtime
I'm having these problems....

1. Firefox cannot connect to the internet
2. Opera browser cannot connect to the internet
3. My anti-virus (Comodo) cannot update cause it cannot connect to the internet...

Yet I am connect to the internet! My MSN messanger is online, I can surf via Internet Explorer, I am downloading and uploading items, and downloading updates for windows vista. I checked my Comodo firewall and my web browsers are on the trusted list so they aren't being blocked by MY firewall. I then thought that maybe windows firewall has them blocked so I turned off windows firewall and still have the same problem. Now I'm thinking that the router (Its a wireless one but my laptop as a LAN connection to it not a WAN... just plugged in the wire) is somehow blocking these programs. Any other ideas? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I would double check the Comodo firewall by disabling it and then trying again. It is possible that the browsers are in both lists and it would probably block them in that case. Either way, disable it and try again.

The best thing I could say is to go into the msconfig > startup and disable the firewall at startup and restart the computer. Then see if it works/doesn't work.

my friend Had the eaxact same problem, I think maybe a virus?? because he reinstalled his OS from it getting so annoying and now everything works.

I'd try disabling both firewalls just to double check (you shouldn't really have more than one running at once anyway.) Have you tried reinstalling firefox / opera?

so out of options here. Programs cannot reach out to the internet. This probably means my TCP and/or UDP are being blocked. I unintsalled comodo and tried to install other anti-virus software. All problems were still occuring. I'm thinking its a virus....

It is possible it is a virus. Back up the data, format, reload, and test the internet before you install your firewall/anti-virus programs.

Personally I think software firewalls cause more trouble they they prevent and aren't worth it...

well I got the problem fixed btw. I just completly got rid of comodo and it worked. But then I ran into another problem with internet connection... this time my network adapter was all jacked up. I need to go and get the driver reinstalled cause when I tried to do it... it just uninstalled and disappeared. Man I wish I had a desktop and not a laptop.

Back
Top Bottom