DDR2 soon to be outdated?

Half Evil

Golden Master
What do people think? I am looking to buy 4 gigs of DDR2 for my current computer, and I plan to build up later down the road but I would rather not buy ram twice. So for another build is DDR2 fading? Is DDR3 the way to go?

Or would I be fine buying ram now and building a PC a little later to support DDR2?

its so cheap really u cant go wrong upgrading your current build (maybe get 2 gigs instead)
but for a new build id deff go ddr3

i say it wont be outdated too quickly. Once prices drop on ddr3 then ddr2 will slowly fadeout and become like ddr

Well that happens to everything. Im asking in the near future, in the next year or next yearish at the latest.

ehh i say give it 2-3 years, because mobos that only go up to ddr2 are becoming cheaper and people are upgrading to them, but as ddr3 drops and ddr5 becomes more of the norm then the question will be. When will ddr3 become outdated

Hmm.

I DDR5 will be to much $$$ but I guess I dont NEED 4gb ram, I could save some cash and get 2gb.

Then I wont worry about using it in a new build.. whenever that may happen.

I dont think I would ever utilize more then 2gigs at any one time. How many of you do?

I see.

This is a normal day of mulitasking for me.

Untitled-1.jpg

Should I go for 2 or 4... with that being said?

Back
Top Bottom