Random Chit Chat

Yeah it was a cairn terrier.
It was funny to see this dog because she would walk it every day, and it kinda waddled.

One more thing: I though DJ Chris was a guy...right?

No, I know what the problem is. I bought a box to help soften it, which it did. It's coming from the VCR/DVD player, which is hooked up directly to my cable box. I'm mixing unbalanced/balanced connections together, so it's still picking up that minor hum. I'm not really bothered to fix it anymore, to be honest. I'll just say it gives it character.

Finally got rid of that freaking hum. Happy as hell right now. :D

How'd you work around it? Cuz you said the hum eliminator didn't totally fix it right?

Eliminated the VCR/DVD player entirely. Moved it over to the other shelf. Don't need the hum eliminator anymore. Guess I have another paperweight added to my collection.

Eliminated the VCR/DVD player entirely. Moved it over to the other shelf. Don't need the hum eliminator anymore. Guess I have another paperweight added to my collection.

Good deal...and bummer, at the same time. Home much was the hum eliminator?

I had the same problem with a VCR a few years back. Is it something to do with VCRs that cause humming? Or was that just a coincidence? Because all DVD players I've ever used have been fine!

I had the same problem with a VCR a few years back. Is it something to do with VCRs that cause humming? Or was that just a coincidence? Because all DVD players I've ever used have been fine!

Most coax connections aren't properly grounded, which will introduce a 60Hz ground into your system. It just so happens most VCRs have coax plugged into them. Same thing happens if you have cable boxes or satellite receivers plugged in.

Good deal...and bummer, at the same time. Home much was the hum eliminator?

Set me back $60. I just noticed how much better things sound without the eliminator plugged in. Subwoofer output increased dramatically.

I'm starting to get pissed at SFIV online. I barely play, and every almost everyone I play against seems like they play 24/7.

Happens alot with online gaming. That's the way it goes. You do really well in the campaign on godlike settings and then get the piss kicked out of you online. I suppose the more you play, the better you get.

Nice. Mine is in the same product line, the FW170J. Luckily, mine didn't come with much crapware on it.

Yeah, it really wasn't bad. Just Norton and some DVD burning utility and the usual disabling of UAC and some other Vista tweaks and stuff like that. And the free demo of MS Office :rolleyes:...I get the full version from my college anyways, so I don't need that crap.

In other news;

It's seems that there is thread after thread lately of back-to-school "I need a laptop" threads. Is anyone interested in putting a sticky together with me for this so we don't have to keep posting some of the same links and such? I'd be willing to do most of the typing up if people want to be of help. You'll get your credit in the sticky.

Here's the new dog. Her name is Lady. It's a very nice dog.

DSCF1548.jpg

Back
Top Bottom