The Registry

Boy, that is not something you want to go messing around with. It could have drastic effects on the OS. Really you don't want to "learn" about it. Most of the time the only reason you go in there is if there is something describing the exact thing you want to fix. For instance, searching for a specific program to remove it.

I suppose there are some books or info about it on the web somewhere. If you want to really mess around with 'programming' the OS, you might want to look into Linux (Ubuntu).

Ah ok then. I guess it comes with experience from when you have to go into the registry?

Mainly, I just want to be able to say "Oh, to do x, y and z you need to change this key's value from 0 to 1." I can do this on a basic level, with very basic stuff, but it has interested me into wanting to learn more.

Also, say, removing viruses just understanding what keys shouldn't really be there.

I understand but it's just not something I think alot of people go trying to learn. In my opinion, I hope that I don't have to go in there and learn about it because then that means there are some serious problems. If you really want to go in there, you can back it up and then mess with it. I just wouldn't recommend it because if you crash the computer, it won't matter if you have it backed up or not.

Back
Top Bottom