LCD Monitor Vs LCD HD TV

i dont get it

will a 22 in tv be as readable as a 22 in monitor?

and also, is the resolution determined by the tv or gpu if its a 1080 p tv?

I can assure you that a 22" LCD computer monitor and a 22" TV setup for use as a monitor at the same viewing distance will NOT look the same at 1080p. That's the point I was try to get across. Hence:

You might have to back off the resolution of the TV to 1024x768 (you would have to see for yourself; you might be able to read something larger) in order to read small text, which will then look like crap anyways since it's 1024x768. Or you could just use the zoom feature in all of your programs at native res. Haha. That would suck.

I've never experienced any of this, but if you say so. Basically, the bottom line for me would be to try before you buy, and get whatever suits your preference. If possible, get a monitor with a built in TV tuner.

so a monitor with a tv tuner....

is it easy as plug and chug? (just stick the cable in and go?)
Yup. Plug in cable, blug in DVI or VGA, turn on and go.
i dont get it

will a 22 in tv be as readable as a 22 in monitor?

and also, is the resolution determined by the tv or gpu if its a 1080 p tv?

Depends on the individual TV. Both the monitor/tv and GPU have to be compatible with the resolution to view it. Think of it as a hose. You can only get 10 gallons per minute through a hose if the hose is wide enough and if you have enough water.

a bigger one? where?

so just to be sure

i take the cable

plug it in

and it just searches for channels?

and can I just plug in computer speakers or do they need conversion as foothead said?

Back
Top Bottom