It's amazing...

I saw XP running alright (not fast per say) on an old AMD Durion PC with 256mb RAM and a 10GB hard drive. It can be done but once you install more than anti-virus and maybe packman :)p), it will become nearly unusable.

I'm not familiar with older AMD systems, but I've had it running personally on an old computer that had a Pentium II, 64MB of RAM, and like a 6GB HDD or something close to that. Just browsing folders in explorer used about 80% of the CPU. LMAO. Nonetheless, it worked! Hahaha. Machine will have linux on it shortly before I sell it haha. For like zero dollars.

i think it would have been better off with a linux distro, 526mb of ram isnt alot and it running xp would make it even slower, why waist the money? but like you said he is a moron so i guess you made a quick buck :p

XP will run fine with as little as 32mb of RAM. ( I know this from firsthand experience.) Its when you start loading all the antivirus crap, and don't clean the registry that it runs slow.

dude_56013 said:
onally on an old computer that had a Pentium II, 64MB of RAM, and like a 6GB HDD or something close to that. Just browsing folders in explorer used about 80% of the CPU. LMAO. Nonetheless, it worked! Hahaha. Machine will have linux on it shortly before I sell it haha. For like zero dollars.

Hooray for linux!

I'll give you zero dollars and one cent!
SOLD! to me for one cent! :p

LOL.

I put XP home on a P3 800mhz. I still have it and would put it to use doing something but space is limited where I live.

Back
Top Bottom