It's amazing...

Using my friend's old 600 Mhz PIII XP machine was almost as bad as watching grass grow. You have a very different definition of fast or this is BS.

I used to run XP on my 333MHz P2 (that I got for free).

And it did seem to run faster than the P4 that my brother had got.

the simple reason for that was the amount of crap that he had installed, whilst I was being fairly minimalist,

Yeah, with a clean install on any computer that isn't completely ancient, XP will run pretty decent (I won't even say fast). You won't be able to multi-task or anything, of course, but with just the bare minimum installed, you'll be fine till you install a few programs. I had XP running on an old PII (Slot Card) once. It was actually okay for a while. I tore it apart and parted it out, of course, since I don't need a machine with a PII in it hahaha. I have to say, it was about 20x faster than an Acer craptop I fixed that had Vista on it. (This is Acers fault. They shipped it with basically the bare minimum of specs...it was ri-damn-diculous).

i think it would have been better off with a linux distro, 526mb of ram isnt alot and it running xp would make it even slower, why waist the money? but like you said he is a moron so i guess you made a quick buck :p

I saw XP running alright (not fast per say) on an old AMD Durion PC with 256mb RAM and a 10GB hard drive. It can be done but once you install more than anti-virus and maybe packman :)p), it will become nearly unusable.

I saw XP running alright (not fast per say) on an old AMD Durion PC with 256mb RAM and a 10GB hard drive. It can be done but once you install more than anti-virus and maybe packman :)p), it will become nearly unusable.

Do you mean PacMan?

obviously when I said nice and fast thats no comparison to a brand new Pentium 4 machine running 4GB of RAM, merely fast for such minimal hardware. Granted it wont stay like that when he starts using it, its fairly quick fresh after an install with no software on it.

Furthermore, why in the first place would i spread b.s. on a COMPUTER forum?? I can garentee that the majority of people on this site know more about computers than I do. I wouldnt even be that stupid to lie about something like that in a place like this. Im not that dumb.

Back
Top Bottom