Twitter perhaps?

You can always search or view your homepage.

That's what I thought. But see, to me (with a small friends network), it's kind of pointless. I mean, facebook simply gives me a little red bubble that tells me when someone has said something to me (or stuff like that). I'm not addicted enough to social networking where I would go and search pages for things people said about me (even though I realize this probably only takes a few seconds). But, that's just MY opinion on why I don't like or use Twitter. If you like and it works, then hey, that's great. I still see it as more of a way for companies to issue updates (such as ESPN..sports things are mostly what I have on my Twitter) or popular/famous people, as well.

I have and have used it pretty much zilch-o. I don't really get the concept. I don't have enough friends that use it to even make it worth my time. I go on every couple weeks and there's maybe one update from the people that I have on it. But I'm sure that's because I live in a small town and everyone is used to facebook. But regardless, I still don't like it. I just don't get the whole @person1 concept...like...does the person you @'ing at get notified that you replied to their tweet? Or are they supposed to just look at their home page and see that? That's by far what I don't get....I like facebook because it just freakin' notifies me when someone says something to me. I'm not going to scrounge Twitter to see what someone said to me if that's the case (if I had enough friends that I would need to scrounge that is >.<). Anyways...I probably don't use it right anyways. Hahaha. I'll stick with facebook.

I think the concept is if you want to follow a celebrity or something rather than a friend you see everyday. That way you feel connected with the celeb in knowing what they are doing all the time

^ Other way around David. Twitter can be used as a celebrity outreach tool, but most people use it for updates from friends.

I think the concept is if you want to follow a celebrity or something rather than a friend you see everyday. That way you feel connected with the celeb in knowing what they are doing all the time

Yeah..that's kinda my thinking. However, I don't obsess over any celebs to take advantage of Twitter in that way. :p

most people leave after the first month.
the average amount of posts for a twitter users is either 1 or 2.

twitter is a shit tool used by celebrities and "social media marketeers" to further their own causes.
I can't imagine why you'd want a program to make effectively a news feed of other people inane drivel delivered in short chunks.

Back
Top Bottom