hey all....

shadydawg

Baseband Member
I just started getting into computers an i really enjoy opening them up an trying to fix things myself.i am really thinking about furthering my knowledge in computers and thinking about going to classes...my question is i am a paraplegic and wondering what field of computers i should study due to my condition an can some one point me to a good book that i can read to teach myself in the meantime till i can gather sufficient funds so i can attend a collage...Please share your views.Thanks

I just started getting into computers an i really enjoy opening them up an trying to fix things myself.i am really thinking about furthering my knowledge in computers and thinking about going to classes...my question is i am a paraplegic and wondering what field of computers i should study due to my condition an can some one point me to a good book that i can read to teach myself in the meantime till i can gather sufficient funds so i can attend a collage...Please share your views.Thanks

Welcome to CF!
There are literally millions of books you can get. I suggest you go to your local Borders or Barnes & Noble. You will probably hyper ventilate at the selection of books they have. (I know I do haha :D I'm a geek)

Even with being a paraplegic you can still do everything in the computer field anyone else can do. It all depends on what you like to do. I suggest you try and dabble in a few things to get a look at all the fields you like.
Web Design, Software Design, Hardware, etc.

If you have anymore questions on your journey please feel free to ask anyone here.
Again, welcome enjoy your stay:)

Welcome to CF!
There are literally millions of books you can get. I suggest you go to your local Borders or Barnes & Noble. You will probably hyper ventilate at the selection of books they have. (I know I do haha :D I'm a geek)

Even with being a paraplegic you can still do everything in the computer field anyone else can do. It all depends on what you like to do. I suggest you try and dabble in a few things to get a look at all the fields you like.
Web Design, Software Design, Hardware, etc.

If you have anymore questions on your journey please feel free to ask anyone here.
Again, welcome enjoy your stay:)

i basically like the rough work opening up an fixing them,installing programs,removing viruses.i was reading up online about this mike meyers a+ certification book an scott mueller what do you recomend for me to get so i can read at home
thanks vampist

i basically like the rough work opening up an fixing them,installing programs,removing viruses.i was reading up online about this mike meyers a+ certification book an scott mueller what do you recomend for me to get so i can read at home

A+, ooh we have a few members on here who know quite about that.

So you like more of the, "here is your problem let me fix it for you" type of stuff.
Sort of like computer repair/upgrade.

Did a small search for some books:
Amazon.com
Amazon.com
Amazon.com
Amazon.com
Amazon.com

WAP!!!!!! you got it i like to get into the computer an try fixing the problem..lol
Would I need all of those books

Haha :D Nah you wouldn't need ALL those books. You can actually learn a lot about just by hovering over our computer software and hardware section. All kinds of questions / problems arise through there.
Those where just some suggestions.:)

Haha :D Nah you wouldn't need ALL those books. You can actually learn a lot about just by hovering over our computer software and hardware section. All kinds of questions / problems arise through there.
Those where just some suggestions.:)

ok will check it out.

Back
Top Bottom