Sufficient for overclocking?

Air

In Runtime
I'm building this: look below

And was wondering if it would be sufficient to overclock to like 3.3 Ghz?

Also, if anything is unnecessary or could be better and/or cheaper, please let me know. Thanks.

I would get a motherboard with a higher memory standard and some faster RAM. Odds are that you'll end up having to OverClock the RAM in order to get the best CPU results. Having to do this means that the RAM could actually become your limiting factor. Try 1066.

As far as a motherboard, I'd go with an Asus or Gigabyte. Then, depending on your budget we can narrow down from there. As far as RAM, OCZ Reaper or Corsair XMS.

Oh man. I am sorry! I assumed that was a C2D! You should get a Core 2 Duo instead. If you're really tight on cash go with AMD. Great quality at a cheap price. I don't think that Pentium is worth it.

from reading reviews i heard that you can get about the same performance out of one of these and i thought it would be a fun little challenge to overclock it. other than the fact that the ram might slow it down, do you think it would be possible to get it to like 3.33 with this setup? also thanks for all the feedback.

from reading reviews i heard that you can get about the same performance out of one of these and i thought it would be a fun little challenge to overclock it. other than the fact that the ram might slow it down, do you think it would be possible to get it to like 3.33 with this setup? also thanks for all the feedback.

I think it will be really luck of the draw. It will vary with the chip. If the motherboard handles any attempted OverClocking nicely and if you get some good RAM I think you can reach at least 3.2GHz. Anything higher will vary according to the chip.

Back
Top Bottom