OS Wars ........again

Like i said, to me it seems like a knock off. Why do you two keep taking bits of what im saying haha. I just personally don't like it and i know other who love it.

Its already better than windows. I get higher compatibility through wine than on W7 RC.

Like i said, to me it seems like a knock off. Why do you two keep taking bits of what im saying haha. I just personally don't like it and i know other who love it.

Technically every GUI system is a mac knock-off.
Including Windows.

But Apple closely monitors linux and uses a lot from it to improve its OS.

Been using Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Mac OS 10.4 on a daily basis. Even if both operating systems have been preceded by newer versions, I've been content with both with no desire to upgrade.

But Apple closely monitors linux and uses a lot from it to improve its OS.

I don't think that's necessarily true. They've been beating their own drum for a while now.

So far Vista 64-bit is doing me well, seems to be better than 32-bit. Windows 7 will come on here as soon as it comes out.

Actually, Apple keeps watch on pretty much everything in order to make their OS the best it can be. They are really good about that kind of thing.

I don't think they closely monitor Linux like you say they do. I'm sorry to say, but they simply aren't a competitor. Microsoft Windows is another story, but Linux is still a niche operating system.

I like apple os, hate the price of the computers is all. To get a 15.4 inch screen, 320gb hdd, 2gb ram. Is going to cost $1300. PC will be $500 cheaper than that haha. Only thing that turns me away from apple.

I don't think they closely monitor Linux like you say they do. I'm sorry to say, but they simply aren't a competitor. Microsoft Windows is another story, but Linux is still a niche operating system.

They aren't trying to compete. They are both unix-based, so they are able to use improvements (though there really aren't many left they could do, besides opening the platform.)

Back
Top Bottom