found a bird

yeah, not really sure about birds that side of the pond!

he looks nice and healthy, and is a pretty little thing :) try leaving him out, but just make sure there arent any cats around.. he would be a sitting duck for them

yeah, not really sure about birds that side of the pond!

he looks nice and healthy, and is a pretty little thing :) try leaving him out, but just make sure there arent any cats around.. he would be a sitting duck for them

I really HIGHLY suggest you do not just leave him on the ground.
He most likely will not move very far and will die rather quickly.

ill bring him to a vet
then and thanks and btw touching him will not scare of the mother search the net its not true

True, but there is probably a reason you found him. Mother birds are generally highly protective, and would never let any of their chicks go missing, so don't put it back unless you find its nest and are 100% sure the mother is still around and wants it.

IMG_0307.jpg

Looks pissed off. :p

True, but there is probably a reason you found him. Mother birds are generally highly protective, and would never let any of their chicks go missing, so don't put it back unless you find its nest and are 100% sure the mother is still around and wants it.

We have baby birds bought in all the time to the sanctuary.. varying from pretty much just hatched, to fledglings.. if the fledglings are ready to fly, we normally release if they are up to it.. from the look of him, i would say he isnt that far off leaving the nest anyway. Though i have been to a wildlife rescue (driving a baby pigeon down there iroincally) and before they release the birds spend 3 months in an aviary to get used to flying around.. at the sanctuary (and at your house) we do not have the facilities to do that..

If there is a rescue near you, take him there.. if not, wild birds do not tend to do well in captivity really, unless you know exactly how to look after them.

You can read what you want and believe what you want. But I'm just giving advice from being a woodsmen all my life. ;)

touching him will scare off the mother.. un-natural scent..

we deal with quite a few baby birds.. and i by far know what to do with them..

vets will likely put him down though, a rescue (if there is one) would be a better option for him

Back
Top Bottom