Which would you rather have Gaming Desktop or Laptop

I prefer to have the best of both worlds-- I have a desktop, and a cheap netbook. All I did was shave a little off the budget for the desktop and was able to get $165 for it.

That was just my opinion. It worked out well.

As much as i would say desktop pack more for their punch imo ... i would say laptop the portability is nice if you wanna play games at different locations like i do :)

Desktop - 90% of the time they've got a bigger screen (and you can change it if you don't like it!), less easy to steal, generally more bang for your buck, and if a single component packs up you can replace it pretty easily. :)

Desktop, when I'm gaming I need that 24"+ of monitor to look at, and I'd never buy a laptop bigger than 14" so the decision is easy.

I would go with a desktop and a cheap laptop too but atm my laptop is a good gaming computer for the games I play ex. Age of Empires 3 and Starcraft Brood War

Yep, the desktop in my sig, that I'm still using as my main station cost me $1100 in 2005, I have a $1200 ASUS 14.1" laptop from 2008 next to me that I use for playing more high intensity games like L4D. I'd much rather play it on my desktop, but that just isn't happening.

Hopefully my laptop (the one in my sig) can play modern warfare 2 on respectable settings *crosses fingers*:D

I would choose desktop just because of the cost and performance. It can easily out perform a laptop. Unless you need to be mobile...but not sure why???
When I am mobile(driving around and going out of home) I usually want to hang out with friends, my girlfriend, or do something productive, not play games... @_@ !

When I am mobile(driving around and going out of home) I usually want to hang out with friends, my girlfriend, or do something productive, not play games... @_@ !
I'd still go for a desktop, but some people go to LAN parties and suchlike and a laptop would be easier to transport to those sorts of things - just because someone wants to be mobile it doesn't mean they don't have a life ;)

Back
Top Bottom