Member Idea

i agree with dude_56013. def a good idea

Well, thanks. I just figured it would help "de-clutter" the site a bit. Not from necessarily a file-size perspective, but from a "wow look at how many members are in the members list that don't need to be here" perspective. But, it's all up to David...he's the one in charge :D. If he wants them gone, then they shall be gone! If not, then it's not really a big deal, like I said.

However, on a side note, it would be kind of nice to delete people that haven't logged on for a certain amount of time (1+ year/2+ years or something).

I disagree...we often get people coming on that haven't been online for a year or 2...seen it quite a few times now.

I disagree...we often get people coming on that haven't been online for a year or 2...seen it quite a few times now.

Well, when I posted that, I wasn't really thinking. But you are right, lately (for some reason), I too have noticed people come back that haven't been here for a while. But, the people that have accounts from wayyyy back don't need to have them anymore.

Or...is there a way to send an email to everyone that hasn't been here for a while (idk how long..it'd be up to David I guess) and let them know that if they don't log in by XX/XX/XXXX, the account will be terminated? I've seen that before other places...could work.

Why? They aren't taking up a bunch of server resources, are they?

I wouldn't know. I don't run the freakin' site; I have no clue how much room they take up. I knew you'd be around to find some flaw or area of dislike in what I wrote.

I just figured it would help "de-clutter" the site a bit.
Not from necessarily a file-size perspective, but from a "wow look at how many members are in the members list that don't need to be here" perspective.
But, it's all up to David...he's the one in charge :D. If he wants them gone, then they shall be gone! If not, then it's not really a big deal, like I said.

David seems to like having a high member number count, regardless of activity, I think he has mentioned it before when this has been bought up, but I think it would be a good idea to prune the list somewhat.

Well, I'm just saying...is it really necessary for these people to still be members?:
33lh4jd.jpg

There should be some sort of system. Like if you don't sign in every 6 months or so your account is deleted. Kind of like some of those free webhosting companys.

if you go to the member list and sort by posts, the first 28169 members have 0 posts. and then from about 28170 to 43380 are just a couple of posts. so there is about 43,000 membrs that can be deleted

Back
Top Bottom