Which monitor setup?

foothead

Omnicide now.
So I'm going to begin buying my new multi-monitor setup soon, and I need good suggestions on which one I should get. I am always multitasking, so for me, space is at a premium. Here is what I am thinking so far.

Option 1- 2 Hanns G 28" monitors.

Option 2- 3 24" monitors

Option 3- 1 28" Hanns, and 2 17's in portrait mode. ( i have calculated that 17" 16:9's are within .3" of the height of the 28")

Option 4- 4 22" ASUS monitors.

Option 5- Suggest your own. I am willing to spend a pretty good bit of money on this, but I'd say about $650 is he max. Also, I need at least one that is 1080p or higher, as it will be my TV.

Just remember, I am a big fan of monitor overkill. :D

I can understand a use for 2 monitors but I could never see a need for 3

The idea is that one will be my TV, and I always have the TV on while I'm on the web.
My projector is fun and all, but really it's impractical to be a permanent TV.

I see. I would prob go for 3 identical monitors of the biggest you can afford and fit on your worksppace.

Hmmm....
Thats kinda what I was thinking, but those 28's are sooooo tempting.
I could afford 3 24's if I wait a bit for a sale.
IDK, I'd have to get a new piece of plywood for my desk. My current one is only 4 feet long.
This seems like a good deal, and perfectly within my price range. :D Plus I'm a big fan of ASUS monitors, and I currently have one, but its tiny.

I wanna see what 01001010 says here. He seems to be the expert on these multi-monitor setups.

Does anyone know if the ASUS one is matte or glossy?
I would prefer a glossy one.

What's the brand on the 24" ones, if they're any good get those and run them in the portrait position.

Back
Top Bottom