Formatted Hard Drive

JERRSHORT

Beta member
My computer was acting shitty so i installed the recovery disk and i picked the option where it saves your programes and files but everything else is back to the manufacuring settings. The problem i'm having is i can't accsess "My old Data Folder" that has everything in it, i can find it, its on my C drive but it tells me access denied how can i enable it so i can restore my pics and music? Thanks

hmmm what OS do you have. I haven't seen that with an OS disc before. But that maybe why i am using a windows xp sp1 disc.....Oh well. Should have got an external drive and saved your files to it. Then did a clean install of your os and put the files back on.

well i did format the hard drive but there was 3 opions and one was to save the programs and files/folders to a folder that would be there after you reinstaled win. xp. so i did that and now the old data folder on the C drive is around 35GB with all my shit on from before i cleared the drive...but now its not letting me accsess any of the files in the old data folder...and thats what that folder is for to restore your program and files without them being deleted by the format, i didn't do the whole system format where it deletes the whole hard drive, it did but it saved the programs and files/folders to a seperate folder located in the C drive, the folder is C:/My Old Data. I can't even delete it and the folder is around 35GB so takes up a pretty decent amount of memory, so anyone know how to access it or delete it or something? Thanks:)

Back
Top Bottom