Random Chit Chat

The awesome face originated on 4chan, as well as every meme and most acronym, the most famous probably being gtfo.

ARRRGHH!!!!!!

My dad is working hard to win the Darwin award....

1) He decides that allowing 2 lanes of traffic on a very very lightly traveled street is much more important than a clear work site. So instead of the branches going out of the way, in the street (which also provides a buffer between traffic and the ladder which was much needed) they go in our yard, where we were working. So did the saw. So I ended up with a nice gash that got infected on my leg from one of those because he refused to listen to my to do that safely.

2) He wants me to change a light bulb socket without shutting off power. I HAD made a convenient diagram of every electrical device in this house and what circuit they were on, but that got thrown away at some point, so now I don't know what circuit that socket is on, and I have no way to test it. So I want to shut off the entire house, but is worried that will inconvenience everyone. Hopefully he'll change his mind when I get a 2x4 to get him off the line when he electrocutes himself trying to change it.

3) He wants to put new treads on our porch. Not bad except that is pointless without changing out the stringers. He doesn't want to do that, just put new treads on. I told him that's a waste of money, because money is his reason for now doing the full job. He doesn't understand that he'd just be wasting time and money and wants to do it anyways.

/rant. I still fail to see why he doesn't stick to what he is good at and let me take care of all the home improvement, which I know more of. If I need to finance a new car, I'd ask him for his help, because gee whiz... that's what he knows a LOT about.

Back
Top Bottom