US prices so much lower... :(

even then unless you partake in tax fraud you have to declare its value for customs reasons

Yeah, I believe even if signed off as a gift, it is still due duty+tax :(
Anything under £18 is tax free I believe

i was under the impression that gifts up to any value are clear of duty or tax but its fradulant to claim something is a gift if you have simply got a third party to buy it on your behalf

As for everything else anything over £18 is liable for tax

From what I've read, gift or not, that is not the case :(:

What can be excluded from gifts?
The general rule is that any gift is a taxable gift. However, there are many exceptions to this rule. Generally, the following gifts are not taxable gifts.

Gifts that are not more than the annual exclusion for the calendar year.
Tuition or medical expenses you pay for someone (the educational and medical exclusions).
Gifts to your spouse.
Gifts to a political organization for its use.

Though, I found that.

So if I get married to someone in the US, and get them to buy me it, I don't have to pay tax for it... bit extreme though

Doing a bit more research, if I was to import from the US, I'd get these prices thrown on top:

The shipping price,
A 2% duty on the shipping+product,
Then finally a 15% VAT added to that after (Used to be 17.5%)

So the product may still be slightly cheaper, but not by much at all.

Any idea what the cheapest shipping option is from the USA to the UK?

Well for the price it's pretty good.
SuperStock_1660R-12027.jpg

still in an acceptable time?
Oh now you are just asking for to much:D :p
I don't usually ship over sea's. So I usually use USPS. But I would think fedex or a larger company would have the cheaper shipping.

Doing a bit more research, if I was to import from the US, I'd get these prices thrown on top:

The shipping price,
A 2% duty on the shipping+product,
Then finally a 15% VAT added to that after (Used to be 17.5%)

So the product may still be slightly cheaper, but not by much at all.

Any idea what the cheapest shipping option is from the USA to the UK? Pricing wise, but still in an acceptable time?

I use first class international (everything I send somehow manages to be worth $20 and a "Gift")

Haha, in that case DealExtreme.com is commting fraud seveal hundred times a day! They have a gift service that you buy for $0.01 - they decalre the package as a gift, so you dont have to pay for postage and packaging. It's prety cool, but a bit wrong I guess! Ah well, it's them that's doing it, and not me :)

Haha, in that case DealExtreme.com is commting fraud seveal hundred times a day! They have a gift service that you buy for $0.01 - they decalre the package as a gift, so you dont have to pay for postage and packaging. It's prety cool, but a bit wrong I guess! Ah well, it's them that's doing it, and not me :)
i thought that was so they removed the deal extreme logo ffrom the packaging and send it to another address in which case it is a gift

Just buy one on Ebay.com and get the seller to mark it as a gift (Which private sellers always do anyway.
No tax, I do it all the time.

Back
Top Bottom