US prices so much lower... :(

Kage

Golden Master
Why are price differences from the US to the UK so high?

For instance, I'm after getting a 32gb Cowon I-Audio S9. Now, in the UK, this item is currently £259 ($424!!!) Thats really pushing on my budget...

Yet, in the US, the same item is currently (On Newegg), $269.99 (£164) which is a lot better, and within my budget; WHAT?!!!

I know UK resellers have to import and such, but a £95 ($155) extra for that?

Its the extra duty tax, isn't it :(

Tax, tax, and tax. We tax the items before they leave our port, you get taxed on the item as it enters your ports. It's a heavy burden to support your own country.

The government needs our money to continue cleaning their moats and whatever else they have been claiming for from our money.....

thats why petrol is so much higher over here too...

we are governed by greedy, money grabbing b+++++ds

And if your government doesn't take your money like that, you end up 9 trillion in debt like the USA.

if they are gonna take that much money, i would prefer if they actually spent it on running the country... not on pathetic expenses claims that everyone else has to pay out of their own pocket for.

our government is a complete joke. the sooner UKIP get in the better (not gonna happen.. but would make the country a better place)

And if your government doesn't take your money like that, you end up 9 trillion in debt like the USA.

LOL so true.
Our country (usa) owes everyone and their brother money.
I laugh about it, but it's really not good.

Haha. You make it sound like the US government is actually spending money on keeping the country running. I'd post a link to some of the "pork" that went into our "stimulus package", but the local liberals here would read me the riot act about how uninformed I am and how stupid I am for not watching the Clinton News Network or MSNBC.

It's incredibly ridiculous what hundreds of millions were wasted on. And to go even further, the "HealthCare Reform Package" that is being proposed. Just sickening.

if they are gonna take that much money, i would prefer if they actually spent it on running the country... not on pathetic expenses claims that everyone else has to pay out of their own pocket for.

our government is a complete joke. the sooner UKIP get in the better (not gonna happen..[b/] but would make the country a better place)

If you want to be ruled over by racists, maybe. Did you see how many UKIP supporters where listed as ex-bnp members on the BNP Members list? Also, lots of ex-ukip'ers moved over to the bnp.

Doing a bit more research, if I was to import from the US, I'd get these prices thrown on top:

The shipping price,
A 2% duty on the shipping+product,
Then finally a 15% VAT added to that after (Used to be 17.5%)

So the product may still be slightly cheaper, but not by much at all.

Any idea what the cheapest shipping option is from the USA to the UK? Pricing wise, but still in an acceptable time?

I would not be bothered at all if UKIP got in.. even BNP would be an improvement..

the cheapest way is to find someone who is going out there, and get them to put it in their suitcase.. lol..

Back
Top Bottom