How do you delete icon off desktop?

charmaine001

Solid State Member
I have an icon/ folder that i created on my desktop to store files from my phone. Like pics and songs.

I removed all the items in the folder and delete the icon but it keeps reappearing everything i boot the computer. The computer keeps recreating the file after i delete it.

I have tried unlocker, dr delete, file assassin and revo installer. The files still keep reappearing after i delete it. So none of these programs work.

the folder is not a program. and it's not a virus or spyware. i scanned it.
it's only visible on the desktop..that's why it's so hard to get rid of using programs. dragging the file or trying to open the file to delete doesn't exist.

:confused: Any more ideas left?

thanks for your answers

Have you checked your startup tasks? My guess is something's recreating it on every boot up, nastily or obstinate coded software can often do that...

I'm using vista,

yah..i think you have guessed right berry, cause i deleted the file on the desktop and the new file created is the date that i turned on the computer.

is there anyway to delete it if it is obstinate coded software? i deleted the software from which the new folder was created to store those files onto already.

Go to Start > in the search type msconfig > Right click on it in the results and choose Run As > Administrator > Hit continue until it opens > go to the startup tab > look for anything that might be associated with the software you got rid of. Also under the start menu there is a startup folder that you could check as well.

I have deleted anything that i could think of associated with the software. It looks like that the desktop recreates the empty folder every time something is edited on the desktop (like saving another new folder on the desktop or deleting something off it).
Nothing seems to be working. I can't get rid of it permanently. I tried shedding it. but it says i have no access even though i'm the administrator.

Maybe in the C:/Docs and Settings/your username or all users there is something that is recreating it.

The folder was used to stored pics off my phone, i still kept the pics on my com but under a different folder.

Do you think that the pics are recreating the folder that i originally stored the pics in?

Could be. I've never heard of anything like that, but there might be a file or something that is hidden in the new folder that is recreating it.

maybe download Hijackthis, do a scan and see if there are any entries related to the Phone.

Back
Top Bottom