i need some opinions please

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
okay well on june 22nd i started my job as a relay operator, i started my 3 week's of training. The job is $10 a hour and is 30 miles away... It's a office job, i sit down all day and take call's but when i'm not on a call which is like anywhere from 20-75% of the time i can just read or w.e the thing about it is though is you cant have a cell phone so i can't text sadly.. haha it's stressful to the mind as it being a customer service job.. you have to deal with rude people and you have to deal with some messed up people sometimes... BUT the majority of the time there is the nice people. Now the thing about it is is the hours are messed up.. you get stupid shifts like in the middle of the day to night time.. basically leaving you with only your morning to do your do haha and its almost always split day's off (like it matters right now i'm working 6 day's a week..... alot of the day's are 4 hour days.... 4 HOUR DAYS for 30 MILES!!!!!!) i just got raised up to full-time and it's going to go in to effect aug 16th... ok, cool deal!
so pro's are - easy job, comfy all day, get to talk to your co-workers while not on a call, get to read while not on a call... it's really nice ac'd and all that, you know, a office job...

cons- you have to type like 60wpm from people talking to you and they talk super fast like 200 wpm and you have to try to keep up with them and like i can only type around 70-80wpm if i'm warmed up for it... (i type 100wpm on regular read and type ones) another con is the hours taking away my day's, how far it is (takes almost 2 gallons of gas back and forth... like about 5 bucks)

okay now, my bro and uncle works at a cheese plant, their hiring right now so i turned in a application hoping you know maybe i can get the job pay starts off at 14.15 a hour, bumps up to 14.45 in 3 months then in 6 months bumps up to 16 a hour... it's a plant worker job.. as in alot of labor.. you switch hours every 2-3 months, like you'll work 8-4 2-3 months then you'll work 4-12 the next 2-3 ect ect but you get 3-4 day's off at a time, like work 7 day's or something and get like 3-4 day's off... also the job is like 2-3 miles tops from my house so i'd spend like 5-10 bucks a week to go back and forth on gas compared to 5 bucks every day lol

VOTE ON THE POLL!!!
also, please don't give me the whole, be happy that you have a job thing... i am but i have choices and want to make the right decision

both are going to be full time

Well I voted the cheese plant job.
You may not be happy with it while you are working, but I figure that once it is done, you will be glad because you have the extra money.

i don't have the money for it.. plus i'm going to be a police officer... i need to save up 3k just to enter it then like 7-10k more to make sure i'm comfy with living and all that during the 6 months...

Save up enough, then get a loan, then with the money you saved up, you pay the loan payments for when you are going, then when you are done, you get a job and continue to pay the loan off.

Save up enough, then get a loan, then with the money you saved up, you pay the loan payments for when you are going, then when you are done, you get a job and continue to pay the loan off.

lol no way... that's not me.. i'm not a loan type of person... i hate using money i don't have... i buy everything strait cash or nothing...

lol no way... that's not me.. i'm not a loan type of person... i hate using money i don't have... i buy everything strait cash or nothing...

Unless you haven't noticed, basically the whole WORLD runs on credit now.

Unless you want to work for a long time to save up enough for school, you don't have many options. You're going to have to put enough away past your normal bills to save up for the police academy thing or whatever, and that's going to take a long time. At least if you got a loan, you could get that OVER WITH (the academy and certification or whatnot), then get a job you actually like (police officer, obviously) and pay the rest off with that. If the academy only costs 10K total, that is like zilch compared to most loans. I mean, people get home loans upwards or 500k+

Unless you haven't noticed, basically the whole WORLD runs on credit now.

Unless you want to work for a long time to save up enough for school, you don't have many options. You're going to have to put enough away past your normal bills to save up for the police academy thing or whatever, and that's going to take a long time. At least if you got a loan, you could get that OVER WITH (the academy and certification or whatnot), then get a job you actually like (police officer, obviously) and pay the rest off with that. If the academy only costs 10K total, that is like zilch compared to most loans. I mean, people get home loans upwards or 500k+
i'm not getting stuck into something... i'm not into the credit thing one bit... i've heard a little bit to many bad story's about people getting loans for school and not getting a job after and not being able to pay it off now they owe thousands and thousands of dollars... i'm just a, save up, put the money strait down kinda guy..

Good on you. There's a reason why this financial crisis is called the credit crunch.

If i were you i'd work at the cheese plant, better hours, better pay, less mileage. Makes sense

Honestly if this is just for temporary so you can save up enough money to join the police i would say cheese plant , better pay and its closer to you .And you will know people who work there

Back
Top Bottom