IAT, a prelude to a megathread.

xD. I'm working on my Razr V3r right now and I needed a base paper to edit to make into a 176x220 background to go along with the new skin I put on it. The WavePad Sound Editor in my task bar is for ringtones, boot up, shut down sounds etc.

I guess I like to design/get price estimates on hardware alot. Alot of these things were for the validity of the screenshot. Anyone can take a picture of something on a computer and manipulate it the way they want to.

[/offtopic]

I guess subconsciously I am African American biased?

Hmmm

untitled-2.jpg

I took the test one more time with the distraction of my mom. My result was the same. The only thing I wonder, is what is the discrepancy between each classification. I understand how the test works so I am curious to figure out this number. I'd say for my result it would have to be <=2? Maybe <=1?

I can't do it right *sadface* I'll try in the morn.

You will probably not be able it. It is, as I said, near impossible to change your score on the IAT. Only around .5% of people were able to do it.

I took the test one more time with the distraction of my mom. My result was the same. The only thing I wonder, is what is the discrepancy between each classification. I understand how the test works so I am curious to figure out this number. I'd say for my result it would have to be <=2? Maybe <=1?

I have some of the numbers, but they are not truly definitive.

It is a complex algorithm that takes into effect many different variables.

As I said before, I will explain how it is possible to change your score- but trust me, it is not easy.

I wasn't attempting to change my score, but I will now. Let's see what happens.

edit: My attempt resulted in failure. My approach was the following:

Race association: Do my best
Word association: Do my best
White/Good vs Black/Bad: Do my best
White/Bad vs Black/Good: Get races correct, words reversed.

Unfortunately, I got caught up and made too many errors on the face, and possibly way too many on the words. This is very tough. I would like someone with better hand-eye coordination to give it a shot.

Great find Thelis, and great thread. +rep.

I wasn't attempting to change my score, but I will now. Let's see what happens.

edit: My attempt resulted in failure. My approach was the following:

Race association: Do my best
Word association: Do my best
White/Good vs Black/Bad: Do my best
White/Bad vs Black/Good: Get races correct, words reversed.

Unfortunately, I got caught up and made too many errors on the face, and possibly way too many on the words. This is very tough. I would like someone with better hand-eye coordination to give it a shot.

Great find Thelis, and great thread. +rep.

Thank you.

Hand-eye coordination has absolutely nothing to do with it.

It is our unconscious working through our muscular system. If you try to change the way it works, you will be simply hit with a steel door. More on this later.

Back
Top Bottom