Random Chit Chat

00000108.png

Not true. This is just a descriptive way to talk about someone. If I call a fruit "Orange" and another "Apple", and I like apples better, am I being prejudice to the orange?

Not true. This is just a descriptive way to talk about someone. If I call a fruit "Orange" and another "Apple", and I like apples better, am I being prejudice to the orange?

I agree. I have a preference towards white people, but I'm not about to support anything that doesn't provide an equal OPPORTUNITY for all races. I will however support something that provides an equal opportunity, but where one race ending up with more support than another because they excel at it more. For example if at the NBA tryouts everyone was allowed to try out no matter who you were or what you could do, but more black people made it into the NBA, I'm not going to call the NBA out on being racist because the black players where better than the white players and more made it into the NBA.

Yep, if you classify that there are whites, blacks, asians, etc. Then you are an racist.

Not quite correct. I would say that differentiation between races simply shows a measure of non-ignorance. However, if you make assumptions such as, "That black person must be good at basketball" or, "That white person in a suit is probably a CEO." Then you are, in fact, implicitly associating. However, that does not make you a racist. When you voice those thoughts, that is when you truly start being a bigot.

Yes you are. Think about it, replace fruit with human, orange with "race 1" and apple with "race 2."

What you get is; If I call a human "race 1" and another "race 2," and I like race 2 better, am I being prejudiced to "race 1?"

Yes.

I agree. I have a preference towards white people, but I'm not about to support anything that doesn't provide an equal OPPORTUNITY for all races. I will however support something that provides an equal opportunity, but where one race ending up with more support than another because they excel at it more. For example if at the NBA tryouts everyone was allowed to try out no matter who you were or what you could do, but more black people made it into the NBA, I'm not going to call the NBA out on being racist because the black players where better than the white players and more made it into the NBA.

Most people residing in the United States are like that. However, very few understand exactly why they are this way.

Well, I guess so. I have to admit my question wasn't correctly stated. Let me see if I can reword it to capture the correct meaning because I totally agree with your train of thought.

I think what I meant to say was:

Let's suppose you have 2 fruits. I decide to call one an "Orange" and the other an "Apple". Assuming I have no preference to either one, am I being prejudice to either one by giving it that name instead of the name I gave the other?

Does that make sense? As human, we have a tendency to label things so it can be easily referable to later. It's like in a school. They label rooms, but they aren't prejudice to any certain room. The labels just make it easier when you want to find it.

Back
Top Bottom