PC or MAC

It's funny these Mac v IBM clone debates. I must be too much of a geek, if I could afford it I would have one of each. As it is, I love to try different operating systems all the time.

I would verse it: Mac and PC

That's it. Why would you limit yourself to one operating system?

I agree with both of you. I don't own a Mac because I can't afford one right now and I don't have to have one, but I would like to own one.

That's it. Why would you limit yourself to one operating system?

I don't limit myself to one operating system as such, however currently the operating system I'm using offers everything I want, so it's the only one that I use. If something else came along and fulfilled my needs in a superior way, I would switch to it.

:)

I don't like Macs because I don't like the OS. Windows does everything I need it to do, when I need to do it, and how I wanna do it. I'm a PC.

Any of you here use Linux as your main OS? I am migrating more and more towards using it full-time.

Any of you here use Linux as your main OS? I am migrating more and more towards using it full-time.

I'm also trying to move to Linux, mostly Ubuntu though. I'm playing around with 9.04, but I think I'm gonna move back to 8.04 because I keep having issues with it.

I'm also trying to move to Linux, mostly Ubuntu though. I'm playing around with 9.04, but I think I'm gonna move back to 8.04 because I keep having issues with it.

I have always wanted to use Linux as my main OS, however there is one major thing holding me back.

I have a very strong attachment to AIM, iTunes and Steam, none of which run natively on Linux. I feel as if when I use Linux, I am missing out on the features which are available to people that use Mac OS or Windows.

I approve.

:p

Cabbs said:
'm also trying to move to Linux, mostly Ubuntu though. I'm playing around with 9.04, but I think I'm gonna move back to 8.04 because I keep having issues with it.

What kind of issues? I haven't experienced any so far :)

Thelis said:
I have always wanted to use Linux as my main OS, however there is one major thing holding me back.

I have a very strong attachment to AIM, iTunes and Steam, none of which run natively on Linux. I feel as if when I use Linux, I am missing out on the features which are available to people that use Mac OS or Windows

There are alternatives to AIM and iTunes, though, and a lot of Steam stuff works in Wine. :)

:p

What kind of issues? I haven't experienced any so far :)

There are alternatives to AIM and iTunes, though, and a lot of Steam stuff works in Wine. :)

Of course there are. I am well aware of Pidgin or Gaim, whatever it's called these days and of course there are a number of Media Players for Linux. This is, however, where the word "attachment" comes in. I prefer AIM over any other messenger service, probably because I have been using it since I was 11 years of age.

I have an iPod, and there is no media player that offers as much support for it than iTunes.

As for Wine, it is a very nifty idea, however it is far from perfect.

I love Linux though, and will always use it for my media PCs.

Back
Top Bottom