still not working!!!

tkey912

Baseband Member
Hey guys. So you know how i had to get a enw video card cause my last one died. well i recieved it yesterday and the new one i got doesnt work. What are some things i should do to make sure its not something else like my mobo or my power supply?

is there an on board graphics for your motherboard?

another thing you should do if you'd like anyone to help you, is to post up your specs for your computer. makes it easier for us to trouble shoot and understand what it is you are running...

I have no onboard video and my specs are
mobo: nvidia xfx 750i
Video Card: Geforce GTX 260
CPU: E7400 2.8ghz
Ram: 4 Gigabites of Corsair 1066mhz
PSU: Fatal1ty 650w

Try to take out all your RAM, then pick one stick, and put it in to the one closest by your CPU, fire it up, if nothing, put it in next slot.
Repeat this until you do it with all the slots, then if still nothing grab the second stick and repeat the process.
Do this until you either get visual or go through all slots with all sticks of RAM.

Ill try it but why would it be the RAM?

I guess I should specify a little more. Whats happening is the video card is not turning on. The fan on the card is not turning on. Its almost as if theres a switch somewhere thats not telling the card to turn on. Ive tried it in both pci-e 2.0 slots, and ive tried reconecting the power cords to it. The only things I havent tried are putting a different video card in my comp to see if that works and I havent tried puttin my video card in someone elses computer. Im afraid that if something is shortin out in my computer that when puttin someones video card in my comp its gonna fry that card. I also am afraid to try it in someone elses comp cause i dont want the card to be shortin sombodies computer out.

Ill try it but why would it be the RAM?

I guess I should specify a little more. Whats happening is the video card is not turning on. The fan on the card is not turning on. Its almost as if theres a switch somewhere thats not telling the card to turn on. Ive tried it in both pci-e 2.0 slots, and ive tried reconecting the power cords to it. The only things I havent tried are putting a different video card in my comp to see if that works and I havent tried puttin my video card in someone elses computer. Im afraid that if something is shortin out in my computer that when puttin someones video card in my comp its gonna fry that card. I also am afraid to try it in someone elses comp cause i dont want the card to be shortin sombodies computer out.

Ohh that changes things, I thought it was getting power but no visual.
If it is not getting power it could be your PSU that the cord has broken.

I dont know if this helps or not but the first video card i had and the reason why i got the new one is because it stopped working when playing a game. It lasted like a week. Did not overheat it just cut off.

Power supply fans are going off when you turn on your computer? The LED on your motherboard is lit? Try putting your video card in another computer to make sure it's working, the chances of getting two DOA cards in a row is very unlikely. It doesn't seem likely that your computer would overheat unless to wrapped it up in blankets or something.

well its the fan on the card thats not turning on but as i said im also not getting video. Everything else is working fine and dandy. All the leds are working everything else is turning on fine its just the video card isnt working. thats why i was thinking its the psu.

Back
Top Bottom