The Copier Tech

cboucher

Fully Optimized
I'm just curious how many of you (those of you working in IT, anyway) have dealt with copier/printer/MFP technicians and what was your experience like? Were they helpful? Combative?

I've only dealt with two (this is my first job in IT) and they're pretty good guys. Scousers, but still good guys. One of them talked through the servicing process as I observed. I can't service them myself (nor do I want to) but it was good to learn :)

The majority are alright, but i've had experience of some cowboy technicians who replace parts unnecessarily/falsely diagnose etc. To get you to pay more. They're part of a trade, which like most every other has it's negative players.

I've only dealt with two (this is my first job in IT) and they're pretty good guys. Scousers, but still good guys.

lol

I've only dealt with two (this is my first job in IT) and they're pretty good guys. Scousers, but still good guys. One of them talked through the servicing process as I observed. I can't service them myself (nor do I want to) but it was good to learn :)

What's a Scouser?

I have always found them helpful. I give them as much information that I can, the way I see it, they are reducing my workload. I do feel sorry for them sometimes, I've called techs to fix network printers that were pretty dirty. Had one that had to be disassembled outside and blown out with compressed air it was so dirty. (We have since moved to a new facility that is much cleaner.)

We have had printers as well as computers (under warranty) repaired by outside techs. I have always found them to be professional.

Back
Top Bottom