Ventrilo problem> Help pls

Dangerouz123

Baseband Member
Hi so, i just recently finished my first gaming rig and started downloading all the software etc.... when i downloaded ventrilo everything was fine, until i joined a server on it, and when i use the "Talk" function it doesnt work..... i keep getting this error saying

"Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device.
DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed. HR=DSERR_NODRIVER. No sound driver is available for use"

i messed around with the setup and still kept getting thesame error over n over again... so if someone could please give me some advice on how to fix this.. it would be very greatful

Make sure your connections on the back of you PC are connected, make sure you didn't plug the mic in the wrong connection.

And you did install your sound drivers right?

yea i think i installed it.. because the first time i booted up the pc i got into vista and it automaticly installed the drivers for everything on the PC and i dont have a sound card in my rig atm

Hmm specs?

Even though vista installed it, it would probably be better to download the latest ones from the website.

intel i7 920
BFG gtx 285
12gb g.skill ddr3 ram ( please no bashing on how much ram i have lol )
motherboard - ITs a motherboard specially for the gateway gaming pc's so i dont know what it is lol but its the x58 mobo
corsair 750w

You'll more than likely have to restart your PC after you install, but that's it.

I had the same problem with Vent, too, but my problem was not picking the right item out of a drop down list of about 5.

Back
Top Bottom