Rouge Anti-virus

thatguy512

Baseband Member
I have a rouge anti-virus on an old laptop and the rouge anti-virus is known as System Security.How can i remove this from my laptop.I've read about how to remove it and have done it for a different program,but for this one,when i start it up a couple minutes the laptop hibernates.How can i remove this rouge anti-virus or at least cancel the computer going to hibernation so i can apply some kind of fix?

I'm not sure the exact procedure, but I believe you need to enter the advanced power settings for your laptop in order to shut off the hibernate feature.

A great program for removing nasty viruses and spyware is Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Malwarebytes and lots of patience is your friend. You will be able to lick this bug...BUT...if there is nothing on this pc the fastest and probably the best way is to wipe it and start fresh. Once infected with trash like this...nothing ever quite works the same even after cleaning.

My money is on an autorun registry key. There are lots of places that critter could be hiding. Try looking in the msconfig startup tab. If there any entries referencing the program, uncheck them and reboot. If that doesn't do the trick, here is a list of places it is probably hiding: http://mirroredblack.com/Reg_entrees.htm. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom