Random Chit Chat

00000089.png

th__facepalm__by_Chimpantalones.gif

alright then...

Ugh, f- you Bell Canada. Living in the middle of nowhere, I'm pretty much forced to have internet, TV, phone and mobile phone through these idiots and I'm really not sure how much longer I can take the shit you have to deal with daily with them.

My cell phone bill this month is $97. It's usually around $55, and I made no long distance calls or downloaded anything that would cost extra (ex. ringtones). They charge you $3 per month to send the bill to you, so I view it online. In theory, that's okay, if the bill was actually viewable. It takes about 10 minutes (no, seriously) to navigate through their slow site (the part of the site where you can buy a cell phone or sign up for service is fast and pretty good, but when you sign in as an existing customer, it completely changes) and then download the bill, in PDF format.

I've tried Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera, but it takes 30 seconds before the download starts after clicking the "Download Full" button and then when it does start, the 406KB PDF is corrupted EVERY time I download it. The previous month's bills download okay right back to over a year ago, but I can't view the current bill which obviously has billing errors.

I would call customer service, but there's no customer service. *611 first connects to "Emily", their automated menu system that "gives me the convenience of speaking my answers". I'd rather hit 2 for tech support than try to get Emily to understand what I'm saying. "Billing." Did you say...new activations? No, did it sound like new activations?

After you get transferred to what Bell refers to as customer service, you quickly learn that Emily was more of a help. MUCH MORE of a help. You have to explain your situation to their incompetent reps about 30 times before they get it right, and even then they're no help.

I know how it'll happen. I'll say I don't know what the extra charges on my bill are and the PDF is corrupted every time I try to download it. Then they will proceed to blame it on my computer and tell me to restart the computer, try again in 10 minutes (like that ever works), try it at a friend's house, check to see if the internet's on, etc.

Bell will then be stunned as to what to do (maybe send me the $@#@&*@ bill by email or reprocess the PDF file on your POS server?) and will continue to blame it on me. They'll also assure me that the charges incurred are my fault, which I am 100% sure they are not. Bell has a strong history of billing errors and scamming Canadians for their benefit...but that's a different story.

On a non-mobile phone related note, they also throttle their Sympatico internet service down to a crawl and they just lowered bandwidth caps again. They also want to throttle and limit their wholesale customers, effectively eliminating "competition" DSL-wise in Canada. Option #2 is Rogers, the lesser of two evils (not by much). With Rogers, you pay $50 per month for 10mbps internet (which never actually runs at 10mbps, ever) with a 60GB cap, which I'm sure will soon be decreased.

To top it all off for Bell...

Bell Canada's "Performance" tier has gone from 7Mbps to 6Mbps and seen its cap reduced from 60GB per month to 25GB per month. Bell Canada's 2Mbps "Essential Plus" tier has seen its cap reduced from 20GB to just 2GB per month.

Don't you love getting less for more? Monopolies are awesome!

/end rant - sorry, i'm slightly pissed off tonight but I can write about 100 more pages about how much I hate those idiots if you like.

Ugh, f- you Bell Canada. Living in the middle of nowhere, I'm pretty much forced to have internet, TV, phone and mobile phone through these idiots and I'm really not sure how much longer I can take the shit you have to deal with daily with them.

My cell phone bill this month is $97. It's usually around $55, and I made no long distance calls or downloaded anything that would cost extra (ex. ringtones). They charge you $3 per month to send the bill to you, so I view it online. In theory, that's okay, if the bill was actually viewable. It takes about 10 minutes (no, seriously) to navigate through their slow site (the part of the site where you can buy a cell phone or sign up for service is fast and pretty good, but when you sign in as an existing customer, it completely changes) and then download the bill, in PDF format.

I've tried Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera, but it takes 30 seconds before the download starts after clicking the "Download Full" button and then when it does start, the 406KB PDF is corrupted EVERY time I download it. The previous month's bills download okay right back to over a year ago, but I can't view the current bill which obviously has billing errors.

I would call customer service, but there's no customer service. *611 first connects to "Emily", their automated menu system that "gives me the convenience of speaking my answers". I'd rather hit 2 for tech support than try to get Emily to understand what I'm saying. "Billing." Did you say...new activations? No, did it sound like new activations?

After you get transferred to what Bell refers to as customer service, you quickly learn that Emily was more of a help. MUCH MORE of a help. You have to explain your situation to their incompetent reps about 30 times before they get it right, and even then they're no help.

I know how it'll happen. I'll say I don't know what the extra charges on my bill are and the PDF is corrupted every time I try to download it. Then they will proceed to blame it on my computer and tell me to restart the computer, try again in 10 minutes (like that ever works), try it at a friend's house, check to see if the internet's on, etc.

Bell will then be stunned as to what to do (maybe send me the $@#@&*@ bill by email or reprocess the PDF file on your POS server?) and will continue to blame it on me. They'll also assure me that the charges incurred are my fault, which I am 100% sure they are not. Bell has a strong history of billing errors and scamming Canadians for their benefit...but that's a different story.

On a non-mobile phone related note, they also throttle their Sympatico internet service down to a crawl and they just lowered bandwidth caps again. They also want to throttle and limit their wholesale customers, effectively eliminating "competition" DSL-wise in Canada. Option #2 is Rogers, the lesser of two evils (not by much). With Rogers, you pay $50 per month for 10mbps internet (which never actually runs at 10mbps, ever) with a 60GB cap, which I'm sure will soon be decreased.

To top it all off for Bell...

Don't you love getting less for more? Monopolies are awesome!

/end rant - sorry, i'm slightly pissed off tonight but I can write about 100 more pages about how much I hate those idiots if you like.

Dude that sucks!

Where i live we have a large selection of internet providers which is good (Albeit no ADSL2) though as far as Mobile phones go,no one gets coverage except for Telstra (Who charge through the nose) and Three (I Love Three :D).Even then the reception isnt enough to hold a proper phone call,its always dropping out.Anyway Telstra want to put up a mobile tower about 1k north west of here which is great (Three And Telstra Use The Same Towers) except the stupid towns folk are protesting,for example this letter everyone is getting in the mail:

IMG.jpg

Now there are no houses within 200 metres of where its going so there safe,how the hell will it effect our kids safety,if anything it will raise the value because people can now communicate,its a good 150 metres away from the airport approach,its a bloody lamp and besides the Football ovals spotlights are on most nights,we already HAVE the problem of no/limited reception outside the oaks valley and yes there were letters sent out and it was in the newspaper also telstra erected a mock tower to see wether or not it would be an eye sore for the locals.....

Everytime someone wants to do good for the town,someone protests and it goes down in flames :(

Even then the reception isnt enough to hold a proper phone call,its always dropping out.Anyway Telstra want to put up a mobile tower about 1k north west of here which is great (Three And Telstra Use The Same Towers) except the stupid towns folk are protesting,for example this letter everyone is getting in the mail:

To be honest with you, I wouldn't want a cell tower near my home.

It's 1Km away from me,and 250 metres away from anybody else.It also surrounded by Tree's and it's not very visible from nearby houses. (Judging from the mock tower they put up).

Why wouldnt you want it near your house? I Mean if it was in your backyard that'd be a different story but 250 metres is a fair distance.

Here's where they wanna put it.

Oh it's the "Burragorang Chamber Of Commerce".

Simply but a bunch of rich old pensioners who enjoy whinging.We were going to get a Shopping Centre (Mini Mall) Until they stepped in...

Back
Top Bottom