Partition ?

Late3

Beta member
Hello,

OK maybe someone in the forum can help me out here :)

i got a harddrive i partitioned and i want it back to normal too one full harddrive
its just classed as free space now so how do i get it back to one harddrive?

help? :)
thanks in advance

A little more information would be helpful. Did you want to install an OS on this drive or is this drive just an extra storage thing? If you are installing an OS, whatever OS you choose will have a partitioning program as part of the installation. If this is an extra storage drive, then repartitioning will depend on what OS you are running. Start>Run>diskmgmt.msc will open up the Disk Management application built into Windows. You should be able to do what you want from there. (Right click on the free space representation and there should be a "Create partition" option, I think). Another option for Windows would be running diskpart from the command prompt (although you'll probably have to read up a little on in first).

I have linux on it but i deleted it and i want it to go back to my vista storage + what information you need ill try give you it

Start>Run>diskmgmt.msc. Right click on the unallocated space and select "New Simple Volume". Follow the prompts and this should create the extra storage partition and allow you to format it.

Back
Top Bottom