One Click Linux Installer

BooDog47

Baseband Member
Wubi is a new application supported by Linux and is meant for "trying" all of the major Linux distrobutions but can be used for permanent use also. It is great because it installs only on Windows machines without partitioning your hard drive. It is able to do this because it adds it for dual-boot. The even better part about it is if you don't want to keep Linux on your computer, you can simply boot into Windows and uninstall it.

Here is a video on YouTube that shows how it works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5x9iJWXbUY

Here is the link for the installer.
http://wubi-installer.org/index.php

Hi,

Now I am not going to start by bashing about your information. It is all correct except...
Wubi is a new application supported by Linux

Wubi isn't really that new of a program it is really 14 months old, which in the world of linux is over two version.

While on the outside Wubi sounds like a great idea and for the most part is, there are some key issues with it. First while it installs a distro on a hdd it doesn't always remove everything when you go and un-install it.

Second, I feel that if you are going to install linux on your computer you should go through the entire process of partitioning and then installing. (I do of course recommend setting up virtual machines with VMware or Virtualbox)

So, sorry to rain on your day but I just thought that I would inform you a little bit.

Cheers!

Hi,

Now I am not going to start by bashing about your information. It is all correct except...

Wubi isn't really that new of a program it is really 14 months old, which in the world of linux is over two version.

While on the outside Wubi sounds like a great idea and for the most part is, there are some key issues with it. First while it installs a distro on a hdd it doesn't always remove everything when you go and un-install it.

Second, I feel that if you are going to install linux on your computer you should go through the entire process of partitioning and then installing. (I do of course recommend setting up virtual machines with VMware or Virtualbox)

So, sorry to rain on your day but I just thought that I would inform you a little bit.

Cheers!

Well I knew it wasn't really "new." I guess I put that in there because it is what I found to be a good app for people who are new to linux

Back
Top Bottom