computer will shut off and then try to reboot but wont

spmorgan21

Baseband Member
Okay ill turn my computer on, and then a fan I think, is making a very faint knicking noise but then it will stop a couple minutes after. And when the computer boots up, you'll barely get logged on to your desktop and then the computer will shut off? It won't turn back on, so ill go to the fuse box, and turn it off then bacl on, and the computer will turn on but then it will do the same thing?

First off, you posted in the wrong section.

Secondly, are you actually resetting the circuit in your HOUSE or are you simply talking about the ON/OFF switch on your PSU?

It sounds like a failed power supply to me. Has enough "umph" to POST and get past the initial screens, but fails when loading into Windows.

Yeah my mother inlaw had the same problem. I put a new PSU in and it works perfect now. Did this just happen all of the sudden or was there any other symptoms prior to it.

Just started yesterday... thats what I thought it was also, but here is what the power supply says

SafeRedirectaspx-1.jpg

so with that information can you find a better power supply for me that is not exspensive, like nothing over 100 bucks?

Back
Top Bottom