Random Chit Chat

ugh. What a long day. After getting off work at 8:00 or so, the truck decides to not start at the jobsite. So we shot some ether into the intake, and it tries a couple times before it actually turns over. We get out of the neighborhood, to the interstate, go about 5 miles, and as we are going up the exit ramp, it shuts off at the top. We managed to coast in into a home depot parking lot where we couldn't manage to start it again. So we walked home...My suspicion is that it's the ECU. The truck is exhibiting some symptoms that lead me to believe it is. It's a 2006 Ford F-350 Turbo Diesel SD, any ideas. (Yes, I'm quite sure it's not the battery.)

Yeah. Sounds like something to do with fuel. Could be the fuel pump, too. What makes me say that is the fact that once you got it started, it ran till the off ramp (incline) and it sounds like there wasn't enough pressure to get the fuel into the engine after that so it died. It probably fired off with the ether since it was probably on a flat surface and once it got started it probably had just enough pressure to keep the diesel flowing. I would definitely put the fuel pump on the list of things to check. I don't know much about diesels though.

starter?
alternator?

If it's not the battery, it'd be neither of these. You'd be able to hear if the starter was weak. He didn't say anything about that. And the fact that using ether got it started also pretty much rules this out.

Nate, Diesels don't use spark plugs :p

It's a dual battery setup of two 12v's in a series rather than parallel. The alternator is fine because the batteries charged fine. Plus I think the CE light would have come on. The ECU threw a check engine a couple weeks ago for the fuel level sensor. We had the ECU reset and the light went away, but I believe the fuel level sensor is still reading "empty" which tells the ECU to shut off the fuel pumps and close the rails so that the settled sludge isn't injected into the cylinders.

oh lol i didnt know that i dont no all about cars :D

i rema car in our shop had a ce light for fuel level sensor idk i filled it with gas and turned the car on and the light was off idk if it came back

Uurrgghh!!!!
The chipset on my mobo worked up to 129C idle last night, because the heatsink came improperly installed.

Come on ECS...

That's pretty amazing. I used to have some old old nVidia graphics card that had the resistors and capacitors (I don't know what I'm talking about so this is what I'll label them) melt.

Can someone test the CF Vent Server for me? I dont have mic ATM, So I wont be able to talk...

host: vps.redfern.me
port: 3784

Back
Top Bottom