RAM difference and question

I'd stay away from SSD's if at all possible. You can get a RAID 0 setup with some 7200 drives that will be faster/larger for less. SSD's also have incredibly low write speeds for their cost.

Also try to stay away from the VelociRaptors - High failure rate from what I've read.

well with all you told me, I did go with the SATA optical drive and not the IDE :p

I dont like MSI as a manufacturer so i stayed evga.

I really liked the 1600 Corsair memory on new egg so I went with the cas-8, on par with the cas 6-7 1333. even though ill be paying a wee bit more.

and the xigmatek modular PSU had some bad reviews with overheating, and a review site gave it a good but not THAt good review, corsair was just better all around
Seriously, you're paying almost $2000 when I could put together a rig that would perform just as good for hundreds less.

You're spending extra money where you just don't need to. You're not even overclocking, why are you spending $300 on a motherboard.
You could get the same performance from a 3x2GB kit of DDR3 1333 for almost half the price of the 1600 kit.
The Xigmatek and the Corsair are made by the same manufacturer, they are almost identical.

I feel like I'm wasting my time.

The Evga X58 LE is perfect. You won't need 3 PCI-E slots, unless you REALLY plan on getting 3 285's...it's also quite cheaper and looks a bit better.

oooooh yes I agree. It is very nice looking as well. will look better than the green and blue of the a1. Nice find :) good thing I decided to buy all my parts at the end of the week :) I dont plan on getting anything more than 2 gtx 295's in the future :)

will that mobo support the 2 GTX 295's ? as well as the rest I have posted for my build?

For an I7 build, the X58 LE. It runs up to 2GHz DDR3 I believe, 6.4GT QPI, 2GHz RFSB, PCI-E 2.0, and just about everything else. It's just the X58 Triple SLI without the third slot.

NICE. its now in my cart :) thanks for the help.

last final question for ya, with the build, and the future appearance of the dual gtx 295, is 850 watts enough? or is 750 good?

how about single 295gtx?

For a GTX 295, which already has 2 gpu's in one, i would recommend at least a high grade 750watt.

For 2 GTX 295's maybe a 1000 watt or a 1200 watt of high grade.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that the primary 295 uses about 300 watts on 100%. So the second one in SLi should use about 200 watts. I'd recommend a minimum of 1000 watts high quality PSU (just as Sky said).

The Corsair 1000HX should do excellently. Has a dual rail solution with dual transformers. 40A per rail and is modular.

Back
Top Bottom